Builds 97 LX450 Build Thread/Ex (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!! this is how I in intend to do my Land Cruiser.
Thanks man, i really appreciate it. These cars are an addiction and I never want to stop moving forward with it. :)

IMG_4906.PNG
As it turns out, the MT/R Kevlars are not indestructible... You can see the lug tearing away from the center of the tire. Thankfully Goodyear was agreed to warranty the tire since it is a defect.

Quick update on everything, been fixing up old parts that have seen a lot of miles. New power steering pump, high pressure line for power steering, egr problems have all been solved, new intake snorkle since the old one ripped. Rear axel seals were done, brake pads, more welding the exhaust to fill some holes that the sliders punched, lastly all new belts a pulleys. School has been hectic so I havent been able to use it as much as I like. May be moving onto something new in the near future!

Quick update on everything, been fixing up old parts that have seen a lot of miles. New power steering pump, high pressure line for power steering, egr problems have all been solved, new intake snorkle since the old one ripped. Rear axel seals were done, brake pads, more welding the exhaust to fill some holes that the sliders punched, lastly all new belts a pulleys. School has been hectic so I havent been able to use it as much as I like. May be moving onto something new in the near future!
"Moving onto something new in the near future" could mean many things. I'm hoping you don't mean a different vehicle...........:eek:

Looking at GX470s, V8 is calling to me
And you will do all the same wheeling in a GX470? If you want to feel a difference in power, spring for a 200!

And you will do all the same wheeling in a GX470? If you want to feel a difference in power, spring for a 200!
For the most part yes, we havent been doing much this year and my summer is slammed with work so I dont think a GX is a bad choice. The 2UZ with VVTI is a pretty great motor so i wouldnt be able to complain about much compared to the 1FZE

Found a new to me transmission, transfercase, and engine for a steal. Motor is stripped down to the long block now and is ready to have the head machined and hopefully port the exhaust a tad bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom