LX 570 owners chime in please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, my wife and I are looking at purchasing her a LX 570. I am a very happy owner of a LX 450 with 203k miles on it. The price range we are looking at for her has mileage on the vehicle between 75k-100k. She has been use to what I call "throw away" cars, Chevy, GMC etc... She is very hesitant to buy such an expensive vehicle with so many miles on it. I have googled and searched any complaints and reviews on the 570's until my fingers are raw and come up with almost nothing. I am trying to give her very sound piece of mind about buying a high mileage vehicle. I dont know how else to do other than my fellow mud members chiming in on their 570's. Complaints, problems and satisfaction and how many miles you have on it. Thanks anyone and everyone for your response.

Love my 570. There's a reason you won't find many complaints, except for MPG as this is not an efficient vehicle.
I traded my 04 ES 330 with 133k and bought a 2013 CPO with 29k on it around 56,700 back in May.
I did search on Autotrader higher mileage LXs and checked service history (the official Lexus history available on Lexus' site) on some 2008 models. Typically, just routine maintenance or minor, non-vital fixes on vehicles in the 180k range, though I would change the differential and transfer case oil, and inspect other fluids as neccessary. Lots of life left at 75-100k.
Just do a thorough inspection including the underside. Here's a good checklist to take:
Inspecting a Used Car | Used Car Buying Guide - Consumer Reports

Last edited:
Hello all, my wife and I are looking at purchasing her a LX 570. I am a very happy owner of a LX 450 with 203k miles on it. The price range we are looking at for her has mileage on the vehicle between 75k-100k. She has been use to what I call "throw away" cars, Chevy, GMC etc... She is very hesitant to buy such an expensive vehicle with so many miles on it. I have googled and searched any complaints and reviews on the 570's until my fingers are raw and come up with almost nothing. I am trying to give her very sound piece of mind about buying a high mileage vehicle. I dont know how else to do other than my fellow mud members chiming in on their 570's. Complaints, problems and satisfaction and how many miles you have on it. Thanks anyone and everyone for your response.

Just a side thought as you continue your quest:
-You might want to take a serious look at the Land Cruiser as you shop, too...because compared to the 100/470LX? It will feel wildly more refined, powerful, and luxurious...even without the LX logo. The 200 was a huge leap in luxury, power and much more compared to the 100/470.

Awesome. Thanks for the info and the checklist. That will help when we find one. Appreciate you taking the time to post!

FYI - Not many LX570 owners overall on the forum.

**DISCLAIMER: The following is purely our opinion based on what we've seen and driven**

We had decided to get a Land Cruiser many years ago. We started looking at the 100-series back in 2008. They were still wildly outside our price range. We decided to save up and see where we were in 4-6 years. Fast forward to 2015 and we had a bit of changed stuffed away to get a Land Cruiser. We started looking at the 2013 and liked the changes from the previous model year. Unfortunately, we happened to take a look at an LX ('13) when we were looking. It was something I shouldn't have let the wife do. She immediately started in on the difference in the interior quality. Real wood trim, leather throughout, and the front seats were more comfortable. Off-road capability is equal to the Land Cruiser and garage capability more so. The ability to squat the truck or raise it is very convenient. The exterior isn't our cup of tea though. The grill is not what we would call "attractive" at all. Also, there is a bit too much chrome for our liking, though this is a bit less than the 2008-2011 models. We are looking to modify front as soon as Christo & team release their much anticipated rear bumper and sliders. We'd much rather just do it all at once.

So, the bad right? One of the fans on the amp went out. Instead of replacing the fan, the dealership replaced the amp. Also, what appears to be a common issue on the Land Cruiser side of the house affects us as well. The truck was sitting about a half inch lower on the driver side. This was diagnosed down to a faulty suspension ECU. It didn't affect the ride at all but, was sore on the eyes. Anyway, we've not really had any other problems. I've got a thread on here that goes into the story about the AHC.

We're only @ 42k miles so, reliability is still not something we can comment on. I will say that we did a lot of research before making such a large purchase. Toyota has some of the best build quality out there. So, we're rather confident in the purchase.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Chris

small gas tank for the gas milage. obviously you don't buy a 200 for gas milage, but a bigger tank would be nice. cup holders aren't that good. other wise its been great. just rolled 100K.

We love our 2010 LX but found our first quality problem: the wood veneers under the radio stack both came unglued in the past two weeks. I'm taking it to the dealer to see if they have a "guy" to take care of it. We also have the occasional center diff lock light come on for no apparent reason as many others on the forum have as well. Besides the above, the LX is solid.

Thanks again for all of the information. She had a 2008 Imfiniti QX56 that had 178k miles on it. DVD player quit working and all control arm bushings needed to be replaced at that time. So, we're not new to the horrible gas mileage. City was around 12mpg and highway you could push 16mpg. She's now in a used CPO '13 GMC Acadia Denali with 18k miles. We've had it for three weeks. POS! My 20 year old 80 series doesn't have as many clunks and rattles as that thing does. We've looked at all the year models and she likes the aesthetics of the 570's. It will be a mall crawler, with the occasional family vacation with three younger kids. I know the reliability of the LC/LX line. It's just getting her to be comfortable with a used vehicle at that price and mileage.

Thanks again for all of the information. She had a 2008 Imfiniti QX56 that had 178k miles on it. DVD player quit working and all control arm bushings needed to be replaced at that time. So, we're not new to the horrible gas mileage. City was around 12mpg and highway you could push 16mpg. She's now in a used CPO '13 GMC Acadia Denali with 18k miles. We've had it for three weeks. POS! My 20 year old 80 series doesn't have as many clunks and rattles as that thing does. We've looked at all the year models and she likes the aesthetics of the 570's. It will be a mall crawler, with the occasional family vacation with three younger kids. I know the reliability of the LC/LX line. It's just getting her to be comfortable with a used vehicle at that price and mileage.

Re: your comparative feelings in the GMC...

It's so true. These vehicles are AMAZING, and just make everything else seem flimsy.

-After banging over rocks and thousands (maybe millions?) of bumps in Ouray last month...and countless other wheeling adventures?
...the hundreds of miles back home on the highway were literally RATTLE *FREE.*

That's quite a feat considering my 200 series is a 2008. Once you go Land Cruiser, anything else in the category starts to feel "fragile." ;)

Last edited:
We love our 2008 LX. Bought it with 95k kms CPO. Since then, besides the water pump (covered under CPO warranty), it has only needed routine maintenance. We now have 210k kms on the truck. It get used as a daily driver, mall cruiser, camping rig, people mover, long distance tourer and occasional off-roader. I have driven it across the continent 3 summers in a row (Toronto to California) - and planning an Alaska run in the next 1-2 years. Its been thru 115 degree heat in the Utah desert to -40 degree Canadian winters. We often have 7-8 people in it no trouble. The AHC is very useful when I drive my parents around as it makes it easier for them to get in and out. For its size and power I would say the handling and gas mileage is OK (even good sometimes). In the city I get 18/100kms (~13mpg) and 12.5l/100kms (18-19mpg) on freeway runs and its not babied. This is our first LX and honestly I don't see myself replacing it for a long time, and when that time comes it will likely be with another LX.

We have had our 2010 for over a year now and if it will be a mall crawler, your wife will love it! Very capable rig, but not modifiable at this time.

With that said, it rides awesome but we have had a few electronics gremlins. Take a look at this thread:
Diff Lock Indicator flashing when truck started and while driving

Not everyone has it, but we are now thinking of trading in our LX for a 2013 - 2015 LC sometime this next year due to the various electronics issues we have had.

We are on our second LX570 (2016 model). Our previous was a 2011, we put 80k miles on it. Had Nissan Patrol and many LC over the years since the 80s.

LX570 is a great truck for a female.

We are on our second LX570 (2016 model). Our previous was a 2011, we put 80k miles on it. Had Nissan Patrol and many LC over the years since the 80s.

LX570 is a great truck for a female.

"Great truck for a female?"

Is there like a breast-milk pump built in or something??

Would love to hear your rationale there... haha ;)

Last edited:
Is there like a breast-milk pump built in or something??

Would love to hear your rationale there... ;)
My wife drives them. With the 2016 re-design, she doesn't go offroad. Its a great mall crawler. Females go to the mall. LX570 with low clearance great for malls. Thus great for females.

We donated our breast pumps to needy women.

The OP is looking for LX for his wife. So given our experience, I agree that the LX will be well suited to his needs.

Ok guys, looks like we're going to pull the trigger on a 2011 LX 570 with 69,700 miles for a sales price of $40,990. It is a Texas one owner truck that has all the service records at the same Lexus dealer. We finally got the GMC dealership to buy the POS Acadia back for the original sales price.

Ok guys, looks like we're going to pull the trigger on a 2011 LX 570 with 69,700 miles for a sales price of $40,990. It is a Texas one owner truck that has all the service records at the same Lexus dealer. We finally got the GMC dealership to buy the POS Acadia back for the original sales price.

WOW! Amazing they took back the "POS for original sales price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom