300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Since we are posting pictures of our old G-wagons, here is mine.

Just like a boat, best days were the first and last.

An easily cleanable headliner for the 300 would be excellent

At least you can get a black headliner in the 2016 model..... as long as you choose their Terra brown leather option. Whaaaaat?

Seriously, crazy comic value there.

And all the children of the village sang rap songs in wonderment of Professional G.............

Seriously, crazy comic value there.

And all the children of the village sang rap songs in wonderment of Professional G.............

Lol

This made me chortle in my jorts......

Professional G??

Sounds more like some hip-hop rapper to me...
"Awww...YEEH...Heavy D & Professional G in da HOUSE.....!!! :rimshot::deadhorse::flush::bounce::bounce2:

Edit: Aw man! I posted before I saw Dukmon's post... JINX!!!

Last edited:
Im sure there will be some things about the 300 that we all like better than the 200, and some we gripe about. I would just ask that they offer it in single-stage TOYOTA SUPER WHITE with no metallic flake!

Bought my G wagon new in 2002, I still own it and enjoy it; my favorite part is the way overbuilt frame;) I would prefer the dressed down professional, but we won't get it in the U.S. I am going to be selling my hundy, getting a 200 for long distances after I install Harrop Lockers and a few other goodies.

Well our friends in the GCC get the first 2017 LC...

http://tradearabia.com/touch/article/MTR/314081

That means that it will be easily 2018/2019 before we see the next LC iteration.

My guess is 2018 MY since that would be on the ten year cycles Toyota seems to be doing with LC design and engineering.

That would assume they started 300 series design studies in about 2012-14 time period given the usual design time frames.

Is there any evidence of a new model actually in the works? Camouflaged prototypes spotted, official statements of any kind? MY18 sounds highly optimistic given that the '16 model just had significant refreshes to sheet metal and interior.

Is there any evidence of a new model actually in the works? Camouflaged prototypes spotted, official statements of any kind? MY18 sounds highly optimistic given that the '16 model just had significant refreshes to sheet metal and interior.

Nope. No authentic information. But this sheds some light and, again, conforms to the current LC design strategies as it has developed since 1998.

Lexus - future model plans and platforms

I don't doubt that Toyota is designing one - with the cycles being what they are, it still takes 2.5 to 5 years to bring most models to market - but if it were as close as a 2018 MY release I think we would know more by now.

Well our friends in the GCC get the first 2017 LC...

http://tradearabia.com/touch/article/MTR/314081

That means that it will be easily 2018/2019 before we see the next LC iteration.

My guess is 2018 MY since that would be on the ten year cycles Toyota seems to be doing with LC design and engineering.

That would assume they started 300 series design studies in about 2012-14 time period given the usual design time frames.
Wow, they sure get a lot of engine options... can't believe they can come with the 4.0 v6 though, no thanks.

Why are G waggen so unreliable? I would think, given the length of production, it would be very very reliable?

Why are G waggen so unreliable? I would think, given the length of production, it would be very very reliable?

Apparently duration of production doesn't mean that...or else the ancient Jeep series wouldn't always be listed toward the BOTTOM of the reliability list...

But ya... It seems like it should be WAY better by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom