Will not start after valve cover gasket replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the valve cover gasket, cleaned the throttle body and PHH. Now the it wont start. I checked the coil and there is power to it and power out, not sure how to test the output. Truck will turn over.

Any suggestions.

Throttle Cable good?

My guess would be you haven't connected everything back or are missing something small. Check all connections, electrical, coil, spark plug. Did you put the spark plugs back in ? Be very systematic starting at one end and working your way to the other and you will probably find something silly that you forgot.

Fuses are good, did not take the cables off, only unplugged the 3 plugs by the throttle body.

Are there any substitute for the ignition coil. No shop has one in stock.

Last edited:
Did not remove the spark plug wires from the distributer.

I'm not near the truck at the time, but I did not remember see it on.

Forgot to mention, it's a 94 and there where no problems prior to this.

Last edited:
Does it just turn over forever when you let the starter, or does it stumble/fire like it is trying to start?

Here is what the meter (VAF) looks like, only this was taken from a '92, but they look very similar. Attached to that is the plug in reference. DO NOT unscrew the plug from the meter housing - you will destroy it that way. Simply remove the metal clip with a blade-tipped screwdriver, then remove only the plug from the receptacle.

attachment.php

No check engine light.

Yes I uncrewed the 2 screws at the VAF. Is it trashed and would that make the truck not start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom