Rear bar help - FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I need some help. My rear bar is falling apart and it's only time before it falls off. I wanna make my own but I cannot design anything to save myself and I'm not to keen to buy one, however I am good with the welder.

I'm thinking of something with a wheel carrier, ladder and/or jerry can holder and a spot in the centre for a 2000lb winch. Can anyone help with a design? I tried to make one with plywood just to get an idea but all I ended up with is fire wood.

20160928_191952.jpg
20160928_191938.jpg

My rear bar is falling apart

Translation please?
Ok at least I am not the only one... I think he is referring to either his rear swingout or bumper?

To have it look nice you'd want access to some nice tooling. I'm surprised there aren't dozens of Kaymars lying about in wrecking yards.
Do you , as a private owner, have the same restrictions to modifying the frame as manufacturers do over there?

So long as it doesn't shoot Lazer beams at tailgaters it's all good. I don't really like the Kaymars. Have all the tooling except for a cnc machine, I was even thinking of getting the metal shop down the road to cut it all out for me.

I put a coat of paint on my rear bar this arvo - easy enough to make if you can weld and have access to a guillotine, plasma cutter, or a lot of 'skinny' discs...

@lcwizard - the flimsy (all tube) bars are the roo-bars. The ARB bars are the 'bull bars'...

image.jpeg

You can also buy a D-I-Y rear bar. Low cost in shipping.
Design and folding is done, easy to weld.
link

They've got swingways as well...

2016-09-29 10_36_46-Bumpers & Chassis _ L&L Land Cruisers.png

2016-09-29 10_41_25-Bumpers & Chassis _ L&L Land Cruisers.png

Or just get some sheet metal and square tubing. With an angle grinder and a few beers for creative inspiration you'll be able to make you own 'one of a kind' :beer:

Edit: Just read about the fire-wood mock-up.... I'd start with metal, once you have a basic idea. From there, it's just a matter of modifying it till your happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom