Introducing my son's LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85badger

TLCA #23852
Threads
Air Capital of the World! Wichita, Ks/Choctaw, Ok
After riding around in my 1995 LC for over half his life all over Colorado and once to Moab, my (15) son decided he wanted a Landcruiser for his first vehicle. Luckily, I found one at the local insurance auto auction, pulled some strings and got it. It was hit hard in the rear, crunched the tailgate, shoved the rear bumper into the spare tire and bent the PS frame horn down about a 1/2". So, after cutting all the smashed plastic and metal off, we sent it to a buddy for a date with his frame machine. Next, we changed the oil and flushed the coolant, both needed attention very badly!
It has 213k miles, no lockers and needs some serious maintenance.
Earlier this year I purchased a very rolled black landcruiser from the auction, it had many parts on it which I sold but I also have many left over that will be used on this one. Plans are to put the lift from the rolled LC on it, swap out the worn PS seat, do a front axle service which it needs very badly.
Since the time that I bought it (4/16) we just drove it around maybe a couple of miles and it would smoke like crazy. It also dripped oil from the front main seal. We also just moved to OKC area. Here is the weird thing, we jumped in it at the frame shop in Hutchinson, Ks and drove it to the OKC area. The smoke has stopped and the front main seal seems to have sealed up! We made it just fine almost 200 miles. That's why I love these things!

Here is what we have so far:

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666 (1).JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

Last edited:
Start them off young! Is that the same Slee from the LC?

Start them off young! Is that the same Slee from the LC?

Yes, that's the twisted up Slee that was on the rolled black LC. I need it adjusted more, it doesn't quite fit. I might have to cut it up and reweld it back together.

Fun project!

Despite the ding and the bumps, that's a great LX; especially for a project vehicle you can wrench on with your son!

Congrats! That rear end is an easy fix! just get a new used tailgate and throw a rear/tire carrier on there.

Question...I have a spare front axle that I believe has been rebuilt recently but was in a roll over so I think it could be tweaked. I think it has new knuckle (felt) seals, I'm thinking about salvaging them and put them on this LX. Anyone see an issue with this plan? Also, the current birfs are clicking so I'm gonna swap the 179k mile birfs into the LX too.

Added a few upgrades, painted the wheels and added my used 315's. I put new tires on my white one.

0A687920-FAAC-4A25-B540-695EE53891ED.JPG

C1A4B953-F43D-4C23-8506-8E7A79442E3B.JPG

BD3E2754-C7E6-4E52-A63A-2239201435FD.JPG

E1A3A0B8-B73A-4875-9157-223E8468F21B.JPG

C1A4B953-F43D-4C23-8506-8E7A79442E3B.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom