Horn contact seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKC

Threads
Looking at different images online it seems maybe there is a tube that the the horn brush spring wraps around sticking down from the horn contact seat that must be broken off off mine. Is that right?
horn contact seat.jpg

horn seat.jpg

At first I thought the spring came up through the hole until I saw the image from S.O.R.. I wondering if a roll pin soldered in place would do the job?

Last edited:
FWIW, after a very dusty desert trip I liked to wash out my interior (just like washing out a boat interior after a salt water trip), but the first two thing the water rotted out were the horn ring and the cig. lighter. Sooooo, I installed a water proof marine push button switch into the cig. lighter hole, gutted out the horn pieces from the steering wheel, then wired horn to the push button switch- - - now interior basically water proof..

Reactions: NKC
"FWIW, after a very dusty desert trip I liked to wash out my interior (just like washing out a boat interior after a salt water trip), but the first two thing the water rotted out were the horn ring and the cig. lighter. Sooooo, I installed a water proof marine push button switch into the cig. lighter hole, gutted out the horn pieces from the steering wheel, then wired horn to the push button switch- - - now interior basically water proof.."

Waterproofing....if I could do that to my kitchen, I could clean up with the garden hose!

"Take a look here: Horn Troubleshooting

I don't see a pin on Coolerman's plate either. Maybe your year might be different though?"

Yeah, I didn't see the "alleged" :) pin there either, that's why I posted, the SOR pic clearly shows one and it makes sense. Mine's a 64, the brush is in good shape, and I'll pull the wheel and clean things up. I've got intermittent continuity to the wire coming out the bottom of the shaft, I'm hoping it's the missing pin that that may cure it.

Coolerman's web site is a treasure.

Want to offer that as a service? There's quite a few folks, myself included, that could use that. @zebrabeefj40 is working on the isolator, @antFJ is working on the Horn center, and now we have @Birdhead willing to work on the wheels. This is an exciting time for early Cruiser owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom