What did you do on your 70 series today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool Troopy. Got more pics or a build thread?

Cheers
No build thread, every time i start wrenching i tell myself ahh maybe i'll take some photos this time hahah and that never happens. I got the troopy,changed all the fluids and filters, put 33inch tires, plasti dipped the white wheels, changed all tie rods, swapped the front bumper it came with for this one which I like much better but is a little crooked on one side.... might get a new one.. got a winch and new winch roller for it as well... changed the bedding panels and made them wider as I wanted more surface on the support area, painted inside storage area from green to gray and built an easy bench.... will potentially redo the whole inside just not yet. greased up all available fittings, got some Trakka decals and just been enjoying it as a DD and Weekend adventure rig

mt jefferson.jpg

troop carrier and mt jefferson 1.jpg

P9040973.JPG

inside troopy.jpg

the sleeping area up top is comfortable for two people
I'll do a photoshoot soon on it and post up some inside picstures

Morning run near the bone yard

View attachment 1327513
Hello Divemedic,

Which boneyard is that please? I've been to the one in Arizona, and one could not wander about, it was bus ride and no more, apart from one location. I'd love to be able to get around all the aircraft at my leisure.

Hello Divemedic,

Which boneyard is that please? I've been to the one in Arizona, and one could not wander about, it was bus ride and no more, apart from one location. I'd love to be able to get around all the aircraft at my leisure.

Not much of a bone yard. It's three static aircraft that aren't maintained and were used for part for the Air Force museum. It's also not open to public. If you find time, 2 or 4 days, go visit the Air Force museum for a visit. Worth a drive if you love planes.

Not much of a bone yard. It's three static aircraft that aren't maintained and were used for part for the Air Force museum. It's also not open to public. If you find time, 2 or 4 days, go visit the Air Force museum for a visit. Worth a drive if you love planes.
Do you mean the one in Dayton, Ohio? Not that it matters, really, i want to go to all of them.

No build thread, every time i start wrenching i tell myself ahh maybe i'll take some photos this time hahah and that never happens. I got the troopy,changed all the fluids and filters, put 33inch tires, plasti dipped the white wheels, changed all tie rods, swapped the front bumper it came with for this one which I like much better but is a little crooked on one side.... might get a new one.. got a winch and new winch roller for it as well... changed the bedding panels and made them wider as I wanted more surface on the support area, painted inside storage area from green to gray and built an easy bench.... will potentially redo the whole inside just not yet. greased up all available fittings, got some Trakka decals and just been enjoying it as a DD and Weekend adventure rig

View attachment 1327864
View attachment 1327869
View attachment 1327871
View attachment 1327882
the sleeping area up top is comfortable for two people
I'll do a photoshoot soon on it and post up some inside picstures

The Trakka just looks so much better than the Alu Cab when it comes to retaining those classic Troopy lines ...

Do you mean the one in Dayton, Ohio? Not that it matters, really, i want to go to all of them.
If you make it to Dayton take time to visit the annex hanger. Some folks visit the museum and don't even realize there is an annex.

If you make it to Dayton take time to visit the annex hanger. Some folks visit the museum and don't even realize there is an annex.
Thanks for the heads-up, 1978HJ45. End of hijack.

The Trakka just looks so much better than the Alu Cab when it comes to retaining those classic Troopy lines ...

Agreed.

Does Trakka sell a top for Troopies, or do you have to buy a whole vehicle from them?

Agreed.

Does Trakka sell a top for Troopies, or do you have to buy a whole vehicle from them?

I have no idea - Alu Cab is local but Trakka is located in Aussie :(

Agreed.

You don't have to buy the whole troopy from them. I'm in touch with them if your are interested on bringing a pop top for one.. not sure on the cost! but i'm sure something can be done.. In fact i just emailed my POC see what kind of information he has

You don't have to buy the whole troopy from them. I'm in touch with them if your are interested on bringing a pop top for one.. not sure on the cost! but i'm sure something can be done.. In fact i just emailed my POC see what kind of information he has

FWIW, alucab is in the states now and does their conversions. around 9 K

Off hand, do they support the 77 on pop tops?

I drove the rig out to get breakfast then installed the bigger oem mirrors (what a difference), new oem "splash guards" in the front wheel wells, straightened a bent drivers running board/step and pulled all the plugs in the frame and rocker panels and cleaned out more red dirt.
IMG_1542.jpg

Relocated my cheap drink holder. My dog kept tripping up on it as he moved from the front to the back and vice-versa.

P1040910.JPG
P1040912.JPG
P1040913.JPG

image.jpeg
Took the photo op when a twin-rival parked next to me. How often are two iconic trucks of similar vintage in the same parking lot!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom