What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heres a video of Marcus breaking his tire carrier off while my truck is stuck in the mud. ha!

Kinda crappy quality. Worth it though.

It was TIRE buying and swapping week. Ordered another pair of JBL speakers for the rear quarter panels.

Poppy-- Hankook DynaPro ATMs
Sam-- Cooper ATP
Esme-- Cooper S/T Maxx
Joe-- BFG KM2 rotation
Army-- undecided

Poppy will be back in the shop soon for wheel arch repair and get ready for painting. Still need to make the redwood roof rack too. She's been sharing shop space with her younger sister while she gets armored up..

J

IMG_20160923_130707656.jpg
IMG_20160915_113452326.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Two times with light compound, then a good wax. 32 years looks young again!

I found that the factory stereo from a 1994 pick-up truck works well in the fj62...

View attachment 1326868 My Cruiser hit the big 300. Enjoy the picture. It's lame compaired to the video. Still trying to figure out how to up the load the video. I have been trying for the last weeks. Damm software tech stuff !!!! Some of these simple up load functions are more difficult then breaking into Hilary Clinton e-mail !!!!!
Upload the video to Youtube then post the link from the "share" section in Youtube to here.

@reevesci, @Dridge, and @Dixiedog - thanks for putting my dodgy work to shame! All of your bars look fantastic!! I am going to have to lift my game - even if it means I have to get rid of welding splatter before I paint it...

We all started somewhere. The more you practice the better you get. Keep that hood down and it'll all get better.

J

@reevesci, @Dridge, and @Dixiedog - thanks for putting my dodgy work to shame! All of your bars look fantastic!! I am going to have to lift my game - even if it means I have to get rid of welding splatter before I paint it...
Your swing outs are looking good. I think that's next on my list, a single swing out out for a spare tire. But I also have Some rust that needs addressed which I should probably take care of first.
What are you using for spindles?

@Dridge, I use 'flangless' hubs (or I think they are also called 'weld-in' hubs) with trailer stub axles. They use standard Holden tapered roller bearings fitted to most boat trailers (it also means I have 2 spare sets for the trailer in an emergency...). People usually mount the stub axle into the bar, and the hub is welded onto the swingarm, however I prefer it the other way around so I don't have the stub axle sticking out of the bar whenever either of the swingarms are removed. I will turn up a couple of blanking caps to seal the hub to prevent dirt getting inside it when it isn't in use....

Not this last weekend, but the weekend before...

At this years Rubithon in June my wife Andrea won a registration to the Marlin Round-Up event (a Rubicon run) the weekend before last (Sept 16-18). We decided it would be great to get more trail time and experience, and we'd never been on Marlin's run, so we went and did the trail again. We drove up to Loon Lake on Thursday 9-15, arrived late and got a little sleep before heading out Friday morning.

It's always smiles when you're starting out fresh in the morning from Loon Lake...

IMG_1231.JPG

Itchin' to get going down the train...

IMG_1232.JPG

Had a lot of fun along the way, tried some new lines, and then after a tough but good day we arrived at Rubicon Springs and set up camp...

IMG_1239.JPG

Had a nice lazy day on Saturday, good dinner and raffle, and then on Sunday we headed out Cadillac Hill. I had the pleasure of following Georg (@orangefj45 ) up the hill behind his tricked out buggy (that's Little G on my front bumper :)). The hill was wet in places, and despite lockers I had a tough time - thought I was going to have to winch a couple of times, something I'd not had to do in my two previous trips through.

IMG_1248.JPG

When we got out to the staging area at Tahoma and I went to air up, I discovered the reason for my difficulties - the hot weather had increased my tire pressure from the 17 psi I started with at Loon Lake up to 26 psi. That's way too much pressure for a wet trip up Cadillac Hill!! Lesson's learned - check tire pressure frequently - like knuckle studs! Happy to report no (rear) driveshaft issues (like Rubithon 2015) and no sidewall tears (like Rubithon 2016). We travel with spares but it's nice not to have to use them.

Anyway, we had a great time with great people. I hope to see some of you on the trail with your wagons at next year's Rubithon!

Steve

Last edited:
Good times Stevo!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom