Builds Found an Arabian FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went and visited the shop this past weekend. The chassis is complete... engine is back in and running (will have to download and post a video). So they've painted and polished the body. I took the boys with me and they wanted to pose with the tub...

176body.jpg

177roof.jpg

178rearfloor.jpg

And today I picked up my new shoes... 7.50R16 tall and skinnies.

179newshoes.jpg

180newshoes.jpg

Very nice Joel ! I bet your boys are ready to ride in that beautiful cruiser, how much longer before it's done?

Joel, this is exemplary work and a great thumbs up. I am so motivated to drive down to Saudi and drive back in one of these now that you have shown us this is possible. I am wondering if this shop can help me with my LC 80 transmission issues and rust problems. Could you advise??

Very nice Joel ! I bet your boys are ready to ride in that beautiful cruiser, how much longer before it's done?
It's probably got another 2-3weeks. They sent me a pic yesterday and the tub is on the chassis. Assembly has commenced. Man it's killing me that I'm in a crunch at work and can't take more time to go help...
Joel, this is exemplary work and a great thumbs up. I am so motivated to drive down to Saudi and drive back in one of these now that you have shown us this is possible. I am wondering if this shop can help me with my LC 80 transmission issues and rust problems. Could you advise??
Rust problems and other body issues they can certainly help with. More modern drivetrain mechanical work isn't what they are setup for. An old tranny like my 3-speed, sure, but a '97 5-speed is probably best left to a transmission shop.

A video of the engine looking all pretty... and running!

Great to see the progress Joel. Really look forward to seeing it up and running. Best of Luck. By the way I just received my BJ40 yesterday back home. Now can't wait to go and enjoy it.

Wow beautiful!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

A++. Just read through the hole thread. Great story and work.

Joel, the engine sounds brand new, they are doing a great job!

Great to see the progress Joel. Really look forward to seeing it up and running. Best of Luck. By the way I just received my BJ40 yesterday back home. Now can't wait to go and enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with the job. Man, when they fired up the 2F I was in heaven... just gorgeous seeing her run as a naked drivetrain. =)

I'm visiting the shop tomorrow to help with assembly. Can't wait!

Joel, some interesting information on this website...http://www.brian894x4.com/LCBandeirante.html...wasnt aware that the FJ40 actually stopped production in 2001. Please have a look.

Yeah bro, just do a search here on MUD for "Bandeirante" and you'll find lots of info. It's kind of a 40... but there's nothing quite like the real thing. =)

Beautiful work! ~ can't wait to see some more photos of the finished job. The plating and attention to detail is rare to find in this part of the world.

I'm having a hard time finding a reputable shop here in Muscat. Could you PM me the contact details of your body shop/mechanic?

Big thanks,

Will

Beautiful work! ~ can't wait to see some more photos of the finished job. The plating and attention to detail is rare to find in this part of the world.

I'm having a hard time finding a reputable shop here in Muscat. Could you PM me the contact details of your body shop/mechanic?

Big thanks,

Will

As discussed in PM... did you manage to get ahold of Sako?

Another update ready to go... the truck is just about ready for me to take possession again. Just in time for camping weather!

One thing I really wanted to capture was the painted hardware of the original trucks... I didn't want stainless or chromed hardware on the hinges and whatnot. The shop nailed it!
181hardware.jpg

They also nailed the pewter colored roll cage.
182rollcage.jpg

The engine bay looks so nice that my washer bottle and overflow bottles with their yellow discoloration kind of throw off the overall look.
183enginebay.jpg

I hate the stock mirrors for the '77. That plastic mirror head just doesn't last long here in the heat. And since the driver's side arm is NLA, I decided to improvise a different approach based on the better mirror heads that @beno catalogued in his side-view mirror thread. I bought two of the passenger side arms, had the shop cut off the angled-top ball portion and weld a proper eyelet in place for bolting in the older style mirror heads. I love it!
184mirror.jpg

A shot of the dashboard with switches/knobs in place along with AC vents. I'm annoyed by the Old Air knobs not matching the Toyota ones. I'm gonna have to find a solution to that... preferably a CNC'd aluminum solution.
185dashboard.jpg

And finally, a profile shot...
186profile.jpg

And one of the front end with the winch in place...
187front.jpg

Nice one :clap:
ready to cruise the Corniche in the evening between all those Ferrari and Porsches . ;)
Enyoy your nice 40
Cheers
Peter

awesome 40! love the AC mod. something i plan in the future for my 45. some great ideas here worth recreating ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom