305/65/18 BFG KO2 Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This may be a repoast but here's mine after I got them

Had the spydertrac 1.25's here, they've since been removed.

In the past 5 month I've put close to 6k on them and so far very impressed! Some people say they don't do well in the snow, and in some circumstances no tire does. Been on top on several feet and I can't complain, great choice imho

Looks great! You took the spydertracs off due to rubbing/hitting the up front fender? And whats the offset of your procomp wheel? The wheels I'm looking at are +12 offset and I'm trying to confirm if its too low of an offset with this tire size to not rub with a stock AHC (for now).

Can you repost this image or new ones? I'm currently in the market for what sounds like an almost identical setup but would love to see this beaut before pulling the trigger. BTW this is post #1 for me, new to the offroad scene after picking up an 05 LX, but these forums have been a wealth of information and I can't wait to blow a hole in my wallet. Now lets see these pics! :D

Gotta figure out how to create/embed persistent links from Google photos into forums...

pk9O8LynKEh_felLSEHF4CKrjNfbioROKKLPpFLHrVyyZZk4qRlgtkQGPLZHitQ35GI1wkWcnuv5UcHKEcqGA6cskDPW64Gn1h73BcUAxN_FKfgifL74zYHhuOqbN0XARrbXRDPNogSfZN1EpXW_OnIKIbLQc2d5g5QmU3SeU780CtnHEyMewvT3022gbGvg1Vcru3LagilItRb-OD2ujNUk4lZK2aWUa_93Jrprn4nxfRPmL0JxYzUiC4fVZv-u7m7whNrPIrkTCjnRa5cxzpW6i18CYuYYb6UtwOTU1m3sOk_tOZ40c59tuAF-V2MskjmLW5kdRrAqM0r0muA_RPQlvDdL4UnILGxh-F5H1AJUJYNJ432QQ-dP0qzSwSCfoYDSrUl59pUZxSUuveOQojGpVvfFgjPSFrlT5Gu0uNKzlDjJxKcWhA999XungZW5mv6AF9WUPJHUZASDkJMVDXPcBGj9_MaTPodoPgp51DUt797mfwtLZ2RyHUt9KhhldCGxdiBTGtrA2CMWL_QRuG3Vp8LnmZvpOMpVv-Ht3WUym2OnxhJbuXFfwHLV-WK8vyJIwQ=w2160-h1215

@Atx100
Yes, these tires are pretty wide so proper backspacing in important. They rubbed really bad on the inside lip of the rear fender, and bumper. The front they smashed inside lip (as seen in both pictures). I'm not sure what the backspacing is on these wheels but very close to stock rims with the 1.25's. The only place they rub now is on my remote reservoir when the tire is aired down

@Lexus Land Cruiser thanks for that updated pick, looks aggressive but simple. I like it!

@fjfowdie yeah I tried looking up your wheel to find exact dimensions but none of the current 18's in that design come with as many bead locks as yours. I checked out your photobucket pics and I assume all those pics are with your spacers on, because they offset is seems the same. So after you took the spidertracs off, all rubbing went out the door? Any pics post spacers?

Per the BFG website, they have a listing of recommended RIM WIDTH RANGE (MIN/MAX) and the 305/65/18 KO2 is recommended at 8.5" - 11". Our stock wheels are 8". Does this have any implications?

You guys who have them installed are lucky... Discount won't mount them on mind because the rim is on 8". I guess it's a new thing for them and it all comes back to the weight rating of the tire. Pinching it in lowers the rating. Even though on an 8.5" rim it would be rated for over 12,000 lbs and even though I'm never going to be over 8,000 lbs (let alone a much lower GVWR!) they won't mount them.

Frustrating after you spend a ton of time researching and then find out you can't have what you know works. Argh!

You guys who have them installed are lucky... Discount won't mount them on mind because the rim is on 8". I guess it's a new thing for them and it all comes back to the weight rating of the tire. Pinching it in lowers the rating. Even though on an 8.5" rim it would be rated for over 12,000 lbs and even though I'm never going to be over 8,000 lbs (let alone a much lower GVWR!) they won't mount them.

Frustrating after you spend a ton of time researching and then find out you can't have what you know works. Argh!

Are there no other tire shops near you? Ordered mine from an e-tailer, had them delivered to the house, then trucked them down to a performance tire shop where we discussed the tire and verbally waived any liability.

Everyone still happy with this choice?
They look great

Are there any on-road performance sacrifices to consider when comparing these 3 options?

305/65/18
Vs.
275/70/18 With spidertrax spacers
Vs.
285/65/18

Mine are still good not great. It seems like all BFGs that I've had are hard to balance. Ive have had mine re-balanced 3 time to get rid of the vibrations. I need do again as the vibes are back.

I'm thinking about switching to 295/70 Toyo RTs in the next couple of months.

Mine are still good not great. It seems like all BFGs that I've had are hard to balance. Ive have had mine re-balanced 3 time to get rid of the vibrations. I need do again as the vibes are back.

Pricing things out- the Terra grapplers in this size are quite a bit cheaper.

I had the same issue with balancing my KO2's. Find a shop that has capabilities of doing a road force balance. That is what ended up working on mine.

I had the same issue with balancing my KO2's. Find a shop that has capabilities of doing a road force balance. That is what ended up working on mine.

The last balance I got was road force for the Toyota dealer. After 7k miles I'm feeling the shake again in the rear.

That stinks @Jcrider48 sorry to hear, but wouldn't you want to rotate/balance every 5k anyway?

anyone interested in buying my ko2 305/65/18s? I am in Socal. They have about 10k miles on them. a little bit of trail use. I am only considering going to a 35 now since I just regeared to 4;88.

Pricing things out- the Terra grapplers in this size are quite a bit cheaper.
My best friend has the KO2's and loves them. I have the Terra Grapplers and love them more. Both 305/65r18s but his offset is +12 and mine is +35. Mine's the grey one and his is the white. Sorry about the image quality on his. I ripped it from his Instagram! Both are very quiet but look aggressive. The Nittos are cheaper by far. I went to HIH6 and a 5 day trip to Big Bend from Houston in the past couple of months on these and they are great on and off road!!!

HIH6-264.jpg
Dickie 1.jpg

My best friend has the KO2's and loves them. I have the Terra Grapplers and love them more. Both 305/65r18s but his offset is +12 and mine is +35. Mine's the grey one and his is the white. Sorry about the image quality on his. I ripped it from his Instagram! Both are very quiet but look aggressive. The Nittos are cheaper by far. I went to HIH6 and a 5 day trip to Big Bend from Houston in the past couple of months on these and they are great on and off road!!!

View attachment 1328382 View attachment 1328402
Is there many dirt roads in Big Bend? If so, any challenging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom