FJ80 Value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I've been looking at possibly purchasing a 100 or 200 series in the near future and need to sell the 80 to help fund the purchase. The values I've seen online are very broad, from $1K all the way to $26K. Looking for a better idea of what it's worth.

I have a 92 FJ80 with 126K original miles. 3" OME lift with Bilstein 5100 series shocks sitting on 305/70/17 Achilles Desert Hawk XTR and 17X9 FJ Cruiser steel wheels, ARB front bumper with Warn 8K winch miscellaneous LED light bar and spot lights. Chinese made snorkel. Custom fabricated full length roof rack not pictured. Interior is immaculate. Exterior is about an 8 out of 10. Located in San Diego, CA. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

IMG_3799.JPG

You always want to look at what people paid for the cars, not the asking price.

I didn't want to be the first one to respond to your question. There will be others asking the same questions.
We need more details. There are a dozen of threads like yours, all the same. Not much info, asking how much it is worth.
Read those threads first. Check out ebay completed listings. Do your homework.
There is simply not enough info posted here.

You're welcome!

Toyota: Land Cruiser Diff Locks, 3 owner Cali truck

Toyota: Land Cruiser

Toyota: Land Cruiser FZJ80

Toyota: Land Cruiser

A '92 3F3 wont have the same HG issues as the FZJ nor was it available with lockers, rear disk brakes, full floater rear end....

That being said the SD and LA market still does fairly well for the patient seller. I would suggest looking at craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, etc for what they are going for currently. Granted the FJ80 wont fetch you at much as a 96 or 97 would, but with the current mods, a clean rig, and good maintenance history you could probably get around 5k or so. Seeing that 60 series trucks are being advertised here for 8-9k now if you could wait a year or so longer you might be able to get more.

A '92 3F3 wont have the same HG issues as the FZJ nor was it available with lockers, rear disk brakes, full floater rear end....

Sorry.
Yes. Didn't think about it.
Then yes, you can only hope you find the "right buyer" (to put it really nicely here) and sell it for a high price. But you need a lot of patience as those buyers are far and few in between.

Put it on eBay and set a reserve of what your bottom dollar is. See where the bidding goes. This may give you a rough idea. Although not a guarantee because one week the bidders are out and the next are silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom