SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much power can the 115V outlet in back handle? I think I saw somewhere 100W, is that RMS or MAX?

How much power can the 115V outlet in back handle? I think I saw somewhere 100W, is that RMS or MAX?

I would think 100W max

image.jpeg

^^^ I would suspect the T's for the 200 to be just as BIG of a hidden issue as they are with the 100 series. There are several threads about folks "so glad they didn't wait any longer" type of statement, after changing them and they just crumbled in their hands.

Upon base lining my 100, they were in pretty rough condition and were not addressed by the previous detailed owner, b/c they are not considered / or mentioned as a main't item by toyota in the books. The T's are the one thing that'll stop these trucks in their tracks, dead.

i will change mine out at 100k regardless. They are in the same spot more or less as the 100's 4.7.

DIY: Replacing heater hose pipe T's *important*
Heater Hose T's - Do NOT Wait!!!

Is the part number for T's on the 100 series same as our 200 series?

Anyone have the T part number for the 200 series? (I assume LC and LX are the same). Thx

Hey guys, add another SQOD to add to my book...

For my wife's rig, a ML 350 Bluetec, we had a rodent incident with the MAFS. Service tech recommended strapping on some Bounce dryer sheets to prevent this from happening in the future... Note, our home garage is dKon'd to the the N'th degree, so we assume this is happening at her office. So, whatever solution we implement needs to be 'portable'.

SQOD - a, is Bounce a suitable rodent deterrent, and for how long? b, where should I consider tying on a dryer sheet, i.e. in the airbox, near the MAFS, tied to each lug nut, taped to the propeller, etc.???

Thanks in advance!

- edit, to keep this LC200 'suitable' I'll take any viable recommendations and apply to my own rig as well

sounds like you might need a pussy gato

Reminds me of when my 100 series had a dead, ROTTEN critter somewhere in the engine bay. I could not get to it at work...and it smelled horrible after a couple days. -Took it to my very friendly Toyota service guy who offered to have his guys get it out for free.

Maybe the nastiest critter sight I've ever seen followed:

-Up overhead on a lift...the tech removed the skids, and another small shield...and a huge, swollen RAT fell...and when it hit the floor?
-It literally BLEW OPEN in a huge splat of wriggling MAGGOTS. And no joke...the tech literally threw up on the spot. I almost did. It was just NASTY.
-My service guy walked up just after the fact, and he couldn't believe it. Soon nasty. Then we all just had to laugh...with another tech coming over with a putty knife or something and acting like he's gonna eat maggots, etc.... -Standard boy humor. ;)

So anyway... I hope you can keep those critters out!! lol

Rodents are apparently very smell sensitive, hence the dryer sheet.

I used mothballs and had no further problems. Nice thing about the moth balls is that when they finally disappear, you know it is time to replace them.

OK here is my SQOD : please chime in..

I wish to install the ABS Kill switch when crusing in the desert - has anyone done it - you guys seen any thread ? any one guide to which RED wire i need to CUT and CONNECT ? appreciate all pointers. I don't have VSC, RSC kinda switches.. standard LC200..
cheers,

Do you mean something like this?

Yes, but not cheap aftermarket like these. there are guys that disassemble OEM housings, paint the silver black (or whatever color you want) and re assemble. I know it's big in the other toyota/lexus circles. Just wondering who has done it with LC headlights?

Yes, but not cheap aftermarket like these. there are guys that disassemble OEM housings, paint the silver black (or whatever color you want) and re assemble. I know it's big in the other toyota/lexus circles. Just wondering who has done it with LC headlights?

Heh... Ya. i was just about to post again, because the ones in that video remind me of a really poor-quality set I somehow ended up trying on my 100 series. It was total garbage. Not sealed...ill fitting, and just plain BAD.

My stupid question for the day, how does the rear view door mirror defrost on the 200? On my previous 100 there was a seperate button. Thanks

And my second stupid question for the day, how do you get the vehicle to lock the doors when moving above a certain speed and unlock when back in park?

I have a Japanese import vehicle, so the nav is not in English.

My stupid question for the day, how does the rear view door mirror defrost on the 200? On my previous 100 there was a seperate button. Thanks
my rear defrost bottom is on the center stack next to my front defroster. Post a pic of your layout. And if like to see your Japanese words on your read out if you can snap a pic of that too.

my rear defrost bottom is on the center stack next to my front defroster. Post a pic of your layout. And if like to see your Japanese words on your read out if you can snap a pic of that too.

Hey, the layout is same, I was asking about the the side view door mirror defrost not the rear view.

Hey, the layout is same, I was asking about the the side view door mirror defrost not the rear view.
my bad - that's a great question and I'd like to know the answer too

I believe it's on the left side button cluster on the left side near the door. That's also where the outside mirror fold-in button is. I haven't been in my truck for 6 weeks, but I'm pretty sure it's right in that same cluster... Mine is 2008.

On my 2013, and according to the Owner's Manual, the rear window and outside rear view mirror defoggers work in tandem - turn on and off together. There is only one button that operates both. Here's what the manual says:

LC200SideMirrorDefog_29SEP1_zps0dmbd4ji.jpg

HTH

On my 2013, and according to the Owner's Manual, the rear window and outside rear view mirror defoggers work in tandem - turn on and off together. There is only one button that operates both. Here's what the manual says:

LC200SideMirrorDefog_29SEP1_zps0dmbd4ji.jpg

HTH

Thanks, for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom