Key FOB Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I work overseas and have a 2011 Armored diesel land cruiser im having issues with.

The battery in the key fob is brand new and replaced it twice to make sure.

The batteries in the vehicle are good, brand new.

When i get it, im suppose to have a green light on the push button when i put my foot on the brake, i dont.

even with my foot off the brake i should get a amber light on the push button when i hit it, i dont

in both cases all i get is the key not present light.

I have the toyota intelligent tester, but its useless unless i can get the ignition to come on.

Anyone have any idea whats going on, or what i can check?

Is it possible there is an ignition cut-off (anti-theft) switch that is not disabled?

Do you have the correct fob for that vehicle? In other words, did that fob ever work with that vehicle?

Can you lock/unlock the vehicle with the fob?

Can you start the vehicle after holding the fob against the Start switch? (Procedure is in the Owner's Manual)

HTH

Agree with gaijin... try holding the fob directly under the Start push button and see if it will give you the green light with the brake depressed. If this does not occur, you either have a fob that is not programmed or defective.

Is it possible there is an ignition cut-off (anti-theft) switch that is not disabled?

Do you have the correct fob for that vehicle? In other words, did that fob ever work with that vehicle?

Can you lock/unlock the vehicle with the fob?

Can you start the vehicle after holding the fob against the Start switch? (Procedure is in the Owner's Manual)

HTH
as i was told , the vehicle was driving, lost all power and stopped.

it is the correct fob.

lock and unlock does not work.

holding it to the start switch does not work.

i have tried everything that is common, i have been working on these land cruisers for the last year and a half, i can fix most problems.

let say this, can you fix a land cruiser with no key fob, or can a toyota dealer do it?

Sounds like the vehicle in question may be stolen - just my opinion. So ... I'm done here, but I suggest you contact your nearest Toyota affiliate for guidance - hopefully they can help you once the vehicle bona fides are established.

HTH

Sounds like the vehicle in question may be stolen - just my opinion. So ... I'm done here, but I suggest you contact your nearest Toyota affiliate for guidance - hopefully they can help you once the vehicle bona fides are established.

HTH

its not stolen, its be adapted for military use, but the smart key is still factory, i was just working a few days ago.

Sounds like electrical issues greater than key fob. If it was running and lost power/ stopped, the computer or some controlling module lost power and shut everything down. check your fuses/relays/ check the wiring harness for any cuts, or abrasions especially where any modifications have been done.

What happened to your 2nd key?

I already thought of that, they dont have a second key

Sounds like electrical issues greater than key fob. If it was running and lost power/ stopped, the computer or some controlling module lost power and shut everything down. check your fuses/relays/ check the wiring harness for any cuts, or abrasions especially where any modifications have been done.

i checked the fuses, but did some more research and found that the AM2 fuse controls the module for the connection between the remote and the vehicle, going to check it today.

Post a pic or 3 of your armored LC?

I would like to but since its been modified for the military and security reasons i can not post pics of the vehicle.

Here's a pic of an armored Land Cruiser:

swat-vehicles-for-sale-2_1280x960-081009.jpg

Read about it here - it's for sale: Armored Toyota Land Cruiser

:cheers:

Gator hunter, i am in the same position with probably very similar vehicles. For whatever reason after receiving these LC's from the uparomor, the fob buttons not longer work and you have to hold them right up on the dash button to get it to light.

I just got a brand new one today (2015). It was sent with 3 sets of keys but only one works. I have switched batteries, pull apart both the button and dash where the switch is and put them right on top of each other. No luck. Did you ever find the solution to your problem. I also have tech stream, how would you go about reprogramming? Feel free to PM me, i think we do the same thing haha

oh and if you want report us for having stolen vehicles, feel free, just tell em to bring the long guns ;)

Can we can help out by tricking them by saying "bring the short guns" and then they will show up and everyone will get a good laugh out of it . . .

*inspired by Jack Handy*

I had one fob go bad, it was working fine and then one day it wasn't, nothing, even with a new battery. I bought a new one, there is a nifty wizard in the Techstream software that walks you through the programming, but it does require that you have one working fob.

I had one fob go bad, it was working fine and then one day it wasn't, nothing, even with a new battery. I bought a new one, there is a nifty wizard in the Techstream software that walks you through the programming, but it does require that you have one working fob.
Where did you source the new FOB and approx cost? Thanks

Where did you source the new FOB and approx cost? Thanks

Off topic...but...

I INSIST that you grab Mogwai next year, and you both join the 200 event!

Just sayin... ;)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom