Head gasket set brand recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi DanoD,

Yes, I'm a long time customer......more than 15 years....!!!! I've never had any issues with them and yes, their prices are really great !!!! Also their customer support is also great....I can only speak for myself but I got a real person assigned to my account and I can email or even call that person with any kind of question regarding my order....
Try to order the parts from the same warehouse otherwise the shipping will add up....

Just FYI, because the packages will be shipping from your warehouse you will be buying from (usually UAE or Japan for me...) there will be some delays (5 to max 10 business days in my experience...) from the moment you get a confirmation (and a tracking nr....) that the packages have been shipped....

regards

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Their prices are great and within my budget for this repair, which is the larges I've done so far.

you can email Beno who is a member of this site and will also tell you what else you should get at the same time when you order the gasket kit. His prices are also good. There is a few gaskets not included that you will want depending on how far you are going into the engine.
parts@landcruiserpartsandconsulting.com

I did and he replied right away, amazing service. His price is a bit more than what I was expected, considering all the other costs involved.

The obvious choice is Toyota. Its what I did and very happy with it so far

I'm going with OEM, play it safe. I looked at the Cometic but they're pricey.

Happened before I bought the vehicle, but somewhere around 125,000 miles IIRC. It's been discussed quite a bit over the years, a few have leaked really early (earliest I recall reading about was 50,000 miles), but the majority have never leaked. I do routine engine oil analyses and one advantage is that any coolant getting into the oil from a leaky head gasket will show up in the results.

Mine is at 150K. I got it at 110K, but the previous owner didn't take care of it well. I learned about this as time went by when I had hardly any knowledge about these trucks. Since then, I've been bringing her back to life and happy to do it. I've owned several vehicles and this one by far has been my best ride. If this would've been a different truck (make), I would've given up a long time ago... Kind of proud of taking care of her little by little. Although my bank account disagrees.

Along with other OEM parts mentioned, don't forget plugs, wires, rotor, dizzy cap, accessory drive belts, fuel filter, and whatever cooling system work you want to do.
Yes, getting other things taken care of as well while at it. I recently did the whole EGR replacement including the oxygen sensors. So little by little she's getting new parts here and there. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom