What an FJ60 Looks Like After a Head on Collision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@The Machinist Where have you been bro? Did you just crawl out of your cave.:hillbilly::D

More or less. :lol:

Been busy with the new job the last couple months.

Wait till you have a wife and kids plus new car payments and whole lot more. Don't you wish you stayed being a kid? :meh::hillbilly:

Wait till you have a wife and kids plus new car payments and whole lot more. Don't you wish you stayed being a kid? :meh::hillbilly:

LOL!!
ctDPOjF.png

772.jpg

Thanks for sharing the story. Grateful you were ok. That's one tough FJ60!

Thank you for sharing and glad you survived. A good reminder for those of you with older Cruisers to replace your seat belts.

Do you think the aftermarket bull bar helped take more of the impact in this case?

To echo the sentiments already posted....thank whatever Almighty power you identify with that you will recover physically. I appreciate your solemn acknowledgement that the others involved have paid a cost for their poor judgement far greater than any of our criticisms. It's a shame you had to lose a great truck in the process, but life moves us in directions we don't always understand at the time. Keep us posted on your recovery as well as the new ride..whatever series it may belong to! Best wishes.

i can only reiterate what has been said before, wow. I'm sorry for your loss of vehicle and injuries both physical and emotional. It's a hard lesson in life that one goes through and unfortunately the other drivers won't learn from their grievous mistakes.

As a safety member/chairman of the company I work for, would like your permission to use/share your story at our next safety tailgate regarding every factor of this accident. Drunk driving, seat belts, and the other factors of safe driving.

Best wishes on your recovery.

My kids drive the 62. Ordering new seat belts. Thanks for posting and glad you are OK.

@Zalooger Don't forget to mention that it was a Toyota Landcruiser and being an old vehicle doesn't mean it is unsafe in comparison to most newer vehicle out there. Before I forget Welcome to Mudsanity, official Mud welcome:flipoff2::flipoff2::cheers:
So what do you drive? 60/62?

It took my buddy a year to recover from this head-on accident (a new Monte Carlo crossed the median and hit him at 65 mph). The other driver walked away (many airbags). My friend had serious vision and balance issues that took extensive therapy, and he was badly bruised by the seat belt. He is lucky to have lived, I think. The entire FJ60 body structure was so bent that the hatch lid was rubbing when you tried to open it. The transmission essentially fell out on the ground, and the engine moved up and ahead 6" in each direction.

front_view.jpg

left_front_closeup.jpg

@KWalkerM Well maybe it is time to look for another 60 that is either diesel or Vortec already instead of moving to an 80!! Just sayin!

Wow. makes me feel a little more secure with my 17 year old driving the 60... Might have to get a better front bumper though for sure.

Glad you're ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom