92 fzj80 w/lift rolled value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have came across a 1992 80 that has been rolled over and the guy is asking $500.00 for it. I am wondering if it would be worth looking at to part out? Maybe I could use a few things for my '94 and sell the rest to make enough to justify messing with it. I'm sure the axles would be worth something if not damaged and the engine/trans/xfer (I'm told are in great shape) would be of some value. What are the value of these parts?

I guess it will depend on whether you can use the parts or not. I would buy it at that price. The lift is probably worth close to that if not damaged. Being a 92, it most likely does not have lockers, so axles not going to be worth a whole lot. If nothing else, you can cut the top off and have a truggy.

Good point! If all else is good I could build/ sell a truggy. If just body damage, parting out wouldn't be smart would it!?

It's worth prolly 3X+ in parts.
Have a place/time to part out and store parts?

Yeah I've got plenty of space but it wouldn't be covered.

You would want to put a tarp over it at a minimum. I would actually buy a cheap canopy and put that over it.

Also the axles aren't worth much, they are semi-floats on the 91-92.

How many miles. Was it cared for?

Good point! If all else is good I could build/ sell a truggy. If just body damage, parting out wouldn't be smart would it!?

"build/sell" I see a problem here.

Build for your personal enjoyment, great.

Sell--a chopped up truggy has very little value.

IMO, the question of whether or not to pursue this truck hinges on how much your time is worth. Are hours, days, weeks in the garage wrenching worth a few hundred dollars to you? Certainly not for me, but I hear some people actually enjoy wrenching.

3fe and trans will fetch Mud Money in the classifieds or post on CL. The front axle would sell for close to $500 around here no problems...that's unlocked. I'm sure there is miscellaneous interior items, switches etc.. You can sell. If the lift is good it's probably worth at least $500 tires and wheels if good $150-200 depending on size etc...if they're 33's or 35's in good shape that's $400 easy. If I had the place to dismantle and store something like that for $500 I would do it in a heartbeat. You'd be amazed at how vulture like mud members are in the classifieds when you're parting out.

If the front differential is intact and in good shape, it's worth 400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom