What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (125 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poorly worded. Both front and rear can be the 18021 magnet ones right? I just called Toyota and all they have is 18040.

Yes same front dif rear diff and tcase
Diffs use steel washer tcase uses alm if you are replacing them also

Yup
Crush-Washers__46268.1471846362.1280.1280.jpg

Changed water pump and belts. The OEM toyota belts are sure quiet. Sounds like a sewing machine now, even wth the fan clutch mod.

The cruiser spent Friday with some nice gents at Slee who spent the afternoon putting these on:
And then joined with some others from Rising Sun to break them in along Kingston peak.

I notice a washer is missing on your shock. Wonder if it's needed?

While I was out sandbagging today as the water is rising my care package from Trail Tailor aka @reevesci arrived! My new Tough Dog suspension! Springs, shocks, steering stabiliser!

image.jpeg

The team from Toyota Financial. Great people! And they pulled up in a fleet of Tundras.

image.jpeg

And tonight my daughter brought home hot water for Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate to deliver to all of the National Guard checkpoints around our neighborhood. It's a chilly night here. This is her making faces at me, in the back of my 92.

image.jpeg

Installed the best $350 Craigslist purchase I've found ever. Some MetalTech sliders. Solo install sure is fun!

Metaltech%20Sliders_zpsarrlpgek.jpg

Metaltech%20Sliders_zpsarrlpgek.jpg

You will love them. Great product. I solo installed mine also! I never appreciated my jack stands until that install!

Went for a ride in Bankhead forest
20160925_104921.jpg
20160925_110823.jpg
20160925_112700.jpg

I think we are going to dodge a huge bullet. A lot of hard work building a temporary wall and retention area looks promising. Just need it to last 3-4 days until the water recedes.

For reference the first bridge in the picture normally sits 14-15' about the water. In 2008 it was 10' under water.

image.jpeg

Ok. So, I have an evening of time on my hands. How difficult is it to install springs for a 2" lift. If it didn't get done tonight it isn't end of the world because I can drive my 92 tomorrow. I hear the back springs will basically just fall out when I lift it by the frame. And the front I need a spring compressor or something. I've never done this but am feeling up to a challenge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom