60 series....Tech and Classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I've been thru that thread many times. I even talked to him a little about his peddle bucket bracket and the possibility of him making another one, or at least getting his template.

I believe I will casually keep an eye out for a trans and case to add to my parts stash.

Yeah, I've been thru that thread many times. I even talked to him a little about his peddle bucket bracket and the possibility of him making another one, or at least getting his template.

I believe I will casually keep an eye out for a trans and case to add to my parts stash.

PM me about this. Long story short... Get the factory piece

@dnp whats the story on yours?
Just cleaning and putting everything back together. I've desmogged and put in a new water pump, a/c compressor, and may try to source a new alternator. Problem is, I got too involved in the parts cleaning/painting and wasn't really paying enough attention to the fact that, short of pulling the engine and cleaning everything, whatever small parts I clean aren't going to make that nasty engine compartment look much better...........your underhood looks a billion times better than mine.

Oh well. Now I've changed over to replacement and/or reassembly mode.

Slow going.

I really really want this thing gone. It always smells like gas in my truck when it sits.

Why do I still have it? It was relocated as per instructions when I did the Wagon Gear Panels.

IMG_8252.JPG

So I've treated the entire frame and anything I can find with rust with the kick ass rust blocker.

I pulled brake number one off. Everything looks perfect. Shoes look great.

This thing that comes in from the emergency brake was more or less frozen. I have it loaded with penetrating oil. Hopefully that's all I'm dealing with on the Ebrake.

Cable is new these things are just frozen.

IMG_8253.JPG

I had to really work to get this drum off but it wasn't dragging. Any tips for the other side other than beating and prying for 15 minutes?

IMG_8254.JPG

So this rust. Doesn't really worry me for looks. It is what it is. I'm gonna treat this and seal it.

One thing I finally noticed, sadly is that the filler neck gasket is gone and the lower section of this fender was full of damp mud. About 4" that just gets wet every time I drive it.

I'll treat. Seal. Move on. Lesson learned.

IMG_8256.JPG
IMG_8257.JPG

This is the drivers side. Not as bad but still screwed up from the old mud flaps.

IMG_8260.JPG

This truck's frame is cheese from rear springs back but it's solid enough since it's so overbuilt.

While you have the drums off make sure the adjuster for the shoes moves freely.

Yes, just below the wheel cylinder. The "star wheel" needs to turn under moderate pressure fron a screwdriver tip or similar.

Tightening up the oil pan bolts stopped the drip.

Looking up from there it looks like I've got a leak from the distributor shaft.

It's not an active drip but I can tell it has been there a long time.

Is that a seal or do I just tighten the bolts and hope for a better seal?

Should be an o-ring on the shaft if it's like the other engines I've messed with. I can pull the dizzy out of the 2F on the stand and confirm if no one chimes in before this evening.

Tightening up the oil pan bolts stopped the drip.

Looking up from there it looks like I've got a leak from the distributor shaft.

It's not an active drip but I can tell it has been there a long time.

Is that a seal or do I just tighten the bolts and hope for a better seal?

The o-ring is probably shot.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom