What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not working on this as of yet...but holy sh#t was I shocked to see it! Right rear upper control arm mount.

Rust sucks!

1304.JPG
1306.JPG
1305.JPG

Maybe an industrial zip-tie!

Did a job for a friend over the weekend (while I wasn't wheeling at Rausch Creek!). he brought me a brand new H55 5 speed transmission and a disassembled transfer case (in pieces of course) from an FJ62. Needed to convert the 62 case from vacuum shift for the 2WD/4WD shifting to manual as this is going into John's FJ60. Needed to drill out a hole and tap it M15-1.5 (odd thread indeed!) for the detent assembly. John had a new shift rod and fork, a new 38MM idler shaft, and a full gasket and seal set that he bought from Georg Esterer. Conversion went well and the reasssmbly equally as good. Pictures show the housing jigged up on my workbench for drilling, and then being tapped. Last shot is the front section of the case bolted to the transmission with all gear sets in place. John is sure to be happy with the 5 speed whenever he gets it installed!

Case in jig.jpg
case tapped.jpg
gears assembled.jpg

I’m still working on finishing up the addition to the workshop, but this past weekend I was trying to get things better organized. It’s been about two years since I even touched the ’87 (’88 maybe?). But the tires still hold air (for awhile), so I jumped it and with a bit of cranking it fired right up. You have to love that Toyota dependability.

IMG_1539edit.JPG

I figure John will be keeping his pristine 60 stock and using the shift linkage currently in his truck with the original 4 speed setup. And for what reason would you have that tap size? Seems like a real oddball to me, all my years dealing with metric designation machinery I never heard of an M15 thread.

I figure John will be keeping his pristine 60 stock and using the shift linkage currently in his truck with the original 4 speed setup. And for what reason would you have that tap size? Seems like a real oddball to me, all my years dealing with metric designation machinery I never heard of an M15 thread.
I have one too.

Got my Expedition One winch bumper installed today. Pumped how it turned out. I had bought this bumper used, and it was pretty rough. I was all set to use weavers powder coating as recommended from a few guys on here. I ended up using Inghams in Denver, PA as a family member said they were good and as an added bonus drove by on their daily commute, so could make drop off/pick up easier. Well turn around was a month, and when I got it back I got gloss, instead of matte which I asked for. Probably wouldn't make that big of a deal over it, but had 4 different phone conversations with them and 1 email all stating matte black. Price was good, was quoted $125 and on pick up paid $125 but was made to feel like $125 was a deal since they screwed up. Workmanship seems pretty damn good so far anyway.

IMG_6788.JPG

I think $125 for that work was a very good price! Looks good and I think the gloss is better than matte would have been on your FJ!

image.jpeg
Got cage and seats mounted yesterday. Next some body trimming and sliders... Almost ready for some wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom