DS window in-op (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All of my other windows work from the main panel except my ds. I removed it and unplugged and still no workie, thoughts?

May be carbon built up inside the switches. Many toyota's have same setup. You should be able to open up the switch and clean the contact points with a sand paper. See the attached picture (not from the cruiser but from a camry). You can see the copper contacts. Just make sure to slowly lift the housing off the main unit and clean the contact points. The Drivers door is AUTO so you will see couple of plates with contact points. Insert a folded sand paper and clean it. Make sure to have the window lock button pressed in during the removal. If not, the window lock switch base can come out and then you have to deal with a tiny spring inside.

View attachment 1327820

160801_0000.jpg

Last edited:
May be carbon buit up inside the switches. Many toyota's have same setup. You should be able to open up the switch and clean the contact points with a sand paper. See the attached picture (not from the cruiser but from a camry). You can see the copper contacts. Just make sure to slowly lift the housing off the main unit and clean the contact points. The Drivers door is AUTO so you will see couple of plates with contact points. Insert a folded sand paper and clean it. Make sure to have the window lock button pressed in during the removal. If not, the window lock switch base can come out and then you have to deal with a tiny spring inside.

View attachment 1327820

View attachment 1327827
Thanks, will try this tomorrow!

Check the wires between the driver side door and the kick panel. Pull the rubber conduit loose and look for damaged or broken wires. Do a search for inoperative windows. There is at least one thread that covers it. My driver's side window would only work with the door closed. Then one day I had the door panel off and then reinstalled it to find the window no longer working at all. Investigated it and found a broken wire in the rubber conduit and a couple of other wires chafed. There are so many wires in the conduit they get bound and pinched.

Took it apart and found this! Seems like the whole thing would be in op instead of just ds if this is the cause.

20160927_170003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom