What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@pilotuku Good meeting you! Next time under different circumstances hopefully :beer: And @boots4 (Mike) is who you are thinking of.

Correct-o! Good ol' rocky up hill. Definitely has eaten its fair share of 80's!
2012 - Brian the ginger in MT's old 80. And creeper was again at the scene. Same trail. I have other some where in the arhives. :hmm:

2012 - Sept - Cruising the Woods 057.JPG
2012 - Sept - Cruising the Woods 058.JPG

First, we had a blast! Besides the "minor" mishap I've had on the trail, we had a blast! It was part of the adventure.

-John :flipoff2::censor::bang:

Crazy thing was that was the last big rock on that trail! You had a great crew with you and I'm glad we got you down off the trail. I'm glad you made it home and I hope you weren't in too much trouble getting home a little later. Look forward to the pics.

Went out and did gold mountain and John Bull with a buddy. Not many pics because all 6 of us were in the truck the whole time. Made it out and back with only some body damage to show for it. Those pics are forthcoming.

Poser shot top of John Bull.

View attachment 1327573

You didn't happen to find a red and silver Warn D ring by that rock?

No....? Oh well it was like 8-10 yrs ago that I left it right there :p

Crazy thing was that was the last big rock on that trail! You had a great crew with you and I'm glad we got you down off the trail. I'm glad you made it home and I hope you weren't in too much trouble getting home a little later. Look forward to the pics.

Sorry Mike, I tagged the wrong boots! Lol.

Ron on the 100 said, the tail gunner never left until we got on the dirt road... I said, yeah, that is what a tail gunner is all about - not gonna leave you!
Trail leader - will be there for you!

We got home safely. Actually uncle had high temp... froze his tensioner bearing and snapped the belt and luckily we were at Grants Pass and there was an Oreily... Wifey was worried but luckily I didn't get in trouble.

You guys rock! Can't wait till next year!

This time I'll be checking the studs before I leave! Or maybe get ARP studs...

Thanks again Mike! I owe you and Chad a lot.

Last edited:
Spent Saturday with the little guy changing out rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, oil and started into the front knuckle rebuild. Drivers side was Birf soup, came out the holes when I removed the bolts on the casing. I only got as far as getting everything removed and cleaned on the drivers side. Will do re-assembly and the passenger side this coming Saturday along with extending the diff breathers.

Things to take note of, removing the old races is not very easy. Getting that inner axle seal out is a mother fxxxer. And getting the seal out of the hub was also a bit challenging stubbing my finger in the process. Disk goes into a vise when I tackle the other side...

IMG_9374.jpg
IMG_5029.jpg
IMG_5030.jpg
IMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5033.jpg

Spent Saturday with the little guy changing out rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, oil and started into the front knuckle rebuild. Drivers side was Birf soup, came out the holes when I removed the bolts on the casing. I only got as far as getting everything removed and cleaned on the drivers side. Will do re-assembly and the passenger side this coming Saturday along with extending the diff breathers.

Things to take note of, removing the old races is not very easy. Getting that inner axle seal out is a mother ****er. And getting the seal out of the hub was also a bit challenging stubbing my finger in the process. Disk goes into a vise when I tackle the other side...

View attachment 1327755 View attachment 1327756 View attachment 1327757 View attachment 1327758 View attachment 1327760
I have this seal puller and used it on my front end rebuild, valve cover seals, and the crank seal as well as many other jobs on different vehicles. $14 is a freaking bargain, you won't regret it.

Lisle 56650 Adjustable Seal Puller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFL83Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KrA6xb8NXRF6G

First, we had a blast! Besides the "minor" mishap I've had on the trail, we had a blast! It was part of the adventure.

I'd like to extend my warm appreciation to:

@RadarFJ40 of LCNW for all the parts and being a good friend!
@Boots and guns aka Mike - I hope I had the mud name right
@CreeperSleeper aka Chad
@ThreeEyedBandit aka Matt
@retrofive for his winch
Cascade Cruisers rocks!

Thanks for all the help getting me down from that trail.

Oregonians are very friendly, they even fill the tank for us! Lol.
But the trail with rain pouring was not so friendly.

I need to gather all pictures after I get settled. Just barely getting back to the Bay Area!

Here's a teaser.... Errrr... Not really!

Mike is in awe!
View attachment 1327432
Here's how I got down to the bottom!
View attachment 1327434

-John :flipoff2::censor::bang:

Heard about this but had to leave before y'all got back. Was wondering how you were going to move it. That took some ingenuity.
I did Archer's in my stocker then looked at the top of Rocky Up Hill and said "nope" and bypassed it.

My new receiver from mudder I Lean came in the mail today. I got it painted and installed this evening. I had been using a Curt 13091 Class III receiver for almost 3 years. it stuck out, and down, so far that I usually only put it on the bumper when I had to use my little 4 x 6 lawn trailer. The new one has 1 3/4" more ground clearance, and 2 1/2" more shin clearance, so hopefully I'll be able to just leave it on the whole time.

new receiver.jpg
20160926_184509_resized.jpg
20160926_184524_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom