Mid-South Get Together Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Regular, scheduled activity has been non-existent for the past few years. There's only a handful of us that hang out in person. Online, we tend to gravitate to the CottonLand Forum, since there's a bigger crowd (we are really a splinter cell of the CLC.)

To that end, you should consider attending the Southern Cruiser Crawl in a few weeks at the ORV part in Hot Springs. Not only is there plenty of wheeling for all skill levels, but it's pretty much a big party where you will run into many of the people here on 'mud.

I have zero free time for the next month or so, but it would be great if we could start meeting regularly again. I know there's some new folks in the area. I've seen several built 80s driving around East Memphis in the past year or so that I haven't met.

At one time, we met once a month for food, beers, and tire kickin' (wimmin/kids welcome.) If we could come up with a day (we used to do 2nd Thursday every month), we could start it up again. Anybody interested in that? Toss out what day of the week works for you and I'll start a new sticky thread. We used to meet in East Memphis, but have been going to Midtown lately.

@rboutwe75 @heckler @Slabsides45 @southff4 @SkyMall @Lcshack @jstigler @skyline223 @dbbowen @ward93 @slaw ninja @krice118 @nfbeckman @T2D2 @nuclearbeef @EM1Pete
@Forerunner

Tag anybody else you know in the Memphis area!

:beer:

Last edited:
Im down for this, Im available any night besides saturday night. Cam are you going to the Cruiser crawl?

I'll do my best to make it. I'll be watching this thread for the updates!

Im down for this, Im available any night besides saturday night. Cam are you going to the Cruiser crawl?

I'm 50/50 on going just for Saturday. I will be out of town the week prior and get back Friday, and have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Ah I gotcha. I'm going for Saturday myself, and leaving Sunday. It's the only days I'll have off of work, I start at st Jude that Monday, probably not a good look to use a few vacation days on my first week.

Let me know if you go. My fiancé can't make it so I'm rolling out there solo and don't really know anyone

I'll do my best to make it. I'll be watching this thread for the updates!

Unless people speak up about what days of the week/month are best, I'll just pick one at random.

What part of town is everybody in? Me, @heckler, and @dbbowen are in E. Memphis. @rboutwe75 is in G'town. Is East Memphis has usually been the most convenient place to meet up, but Midtown probably has the better food/venue/ambiance options (patio is preferred when the weather is decent). Any opinions?

Let me know if you go. My fiancé can't make it so I'm rolling out there solo and don't really know anyone

Will do. If I can't go, just head to the pavilion and loiter. You'll know everyone in no time.

Unless people speak up about what days of the week/month are best, I'll just pick one at random.

What part of town is everybody in? Me, @heckler, and @dbbowen are in E. Memphis. @rboutwe75 is in G'town. Is East Memphis has usually been the most convenient place to meet up, but Midtown probably has the better food/venue/ambiance options (patio is preferred when the weather is decent). Any opinions?

I'm in olive branch ms.
It would be hard for everyone to accommodate my schedule. That's what I meant, just schedule and I'll do my best to make it.
For giggles, I'm self employed , my monday -Friday "work schedule changes day to day. I also have a contract that ties me up 3 Saturdays a month, usually the 1st 3.
My after work schedule is monday,Tuesday thursday= football practice with my two boys 7 and 12 and I try to juggle my Saturday work so I don't miss all of the games (forces me to work Sunday)
Any place I go will need to be kid friendly.
Now you know me better than most!

Just wanted to chime in that I'm totally down to meet up. My schedule is sort of crazy but I'll also be watching this thread!

My schedule is also a real mess, so when I have an opportunity to help with scheduling I'll jump in with my input, but otherwise I'll just show up to anything that I can. I live in Germantown, and I'm fine with just about anywhere in town. Gas is kinda cheap right now... ;)

Is anyone going to the Overland Expo East in a couple weeks?

I would love to catch up to y'all and see what progress (or deterioration) has been made to my midsouth brethren's rides, but my schedule continues to be hectic. Haven't seen anyone except for Nolen, and that was down at the Como Steakhouse by accident. Mebbe saw heckler one day when I was up there creepin' along on Union? Anyhow, someone shoot me a note or text me when you get together, and I will do what I can to get there.

Bump...

We're thinking about meeting up next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday evening, for burgers & beer (I'll pick Tuesday unless there's major objection).

We've gone to Bellyacres in Midtown the past several times. We park on the 3rd floor of the adjacent parking garage, there's plenty of room for post-meeting tire kicking and it conveniently looks down into the windows of the yoga studio across the street. But, if there's a better suggestion, I'm all ears...

This is a kid/wimmin friendly gathering if you want to/have to bring yours, so don't let that stop you.

Post up if you can make it, can't make it, have an opinion, don't have an opinion, want me to take you off the list, etc. and I'll start a new official meeting thread.

@rboutwe75 @heckler @Slabsides45 @southff4 @SkyMall @Lcshack @jstigler @skyline223 @dbbowen @ward93 @slaw ninja @krice118 @nfbeckman @T2D2 @nuclearbeef @EM1Pete @Forerunner

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom