Registry 40th Anniversary Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 40th with all the badging and 2tone leather but the badge on the console is missing. Is there anyway to tell from the serial number what it's 40th number is? And if that's possible can a guy order a replacement plaque for the console?

You can clearly see where the plaque was, there's still remnants of the glue.

I
I have a 40th with all the badging and 2tone leather but the badge on the console is missing. Is there anyway to tell from the serial number what it's 40th number is? And if that's possible can a guy order a replacement plaque for the console?

You can clearly see where the plaque was, there's still remnants of the glue.

There is no correlation between the Anniversary Number and the VIN.

Toyota used to sell non-serialized console badges...but they are long gone (although I believe Cruiserdan still has one!)

Your best bet is to by a similar badge out of Australia (eBay) that is the same size/look but reads "Commemerative" instead of "Anniversary".

Search "Land Cruiser 40th" to find this and lower quality (than OEM) fender emblems.

Purchased in February one family owned. locked 158k

40th SN 4667
Color - Sage
last 6 of VIN - 173811
State sold new - Kentucky
State located now - Texas

image.jpg

@G-Cat How might one get access to view this list? I read through the thread and saw that you are the current curator of the list. I'm trying to track down a 40th Anniversary that my dad sold in 2004 (or thereabouts) before we were into Cruisers.

40th SN 3968
Color - Emerald
last 6 of VIN - 174692
State sold new - CA
State located now - Bay Area

Have a locked sage one, but no badge left on console - was gone when I bought it so for me a good excuse to pull the lame "burled wood" sticker set.

Would be interesting to find if a higher percentage of either 40th's, Collector's, or even LX450's -came with e-lockers than standard '97 models like my black one.

@G-Cat How might one get access to view this list? I read through the thread and saw that you are the current curator of the list. I'm trying to track down a 40th Anniversary that my dad sold in 2004 (or thereabouts) before we were into Cruisers.

Sorry. This "project" never took off as more than the thread. I had actually forgotten my designation. I sold my 40th 4 years ago. I guess someone with time could data-mine this thread and build an Excel spreadsheet...but I'm not sure it would even begin to put a dent in the 5000 trucks sold as 40ths.

Sorry. This "project" never took off as more than the thread. I had actually forgotten my designation. I sold my 40th 4 years ago. I guess someone with time could data-mine this thread and build an Excel spreadsheet...but I'm not sure it would even begin to put a dent in the 5000 trucks sold as 40ths.

Fair point, I may not worry about it. Thanks

Mine has the Badge Number 1898, but the sticker on the door says No. 859...is there any relationship between the two numbers?

Sticker on the door? Not sure what you are referring to. Can you post a picture?

No known correlation. I'm not 100% sure what the number on the VIN sticker indicates...here is an older thread where the poster asks a similar question: Disecting the VIN. Build Date & Codes

The 40th packages were a US market phenomenon and both the 40th and Collector's packages were marketing ploys created in an effort to sell more of the last year of 7-year-old 80-Series in NA before the 100 Series arrived.

I believe the apron emblems, center console sticker and floor mats were port-installed. There are examples of center-console stickers without serial numbers that were available from the NA parts network. The Land Cruiser gurus, who have spent years in the Toyota parts systems, have never had a concrete answer as to how many 40th package trucks were brought into the US...only educated guesses.

I've sent a question to Toyota Motor Corporation...let's see what they have to say, as soon as I hear from them I'll let you know.
Great info though.
Thanks.

Since the first Land Cruiser was born in 1951, wouldn't it be appropriate to call the 1991 model the 40th anniversary edition rather than the 1997 model?

Since the first Land Cruiser was born in 1951, wouldn't it be appropriate to call the 1991 model the 40th anniversary edition rather than the 1997 model?
:doh:

Like my house. The lot was deeded in 1910. The house was built somewhere between then and 1919. My guess is about 1915.

So yay, 101th anniversary. Maybe.

:meh:

:doh:

Like my house. The lot was deeded in 1910. The house was built somewhere between then and 1919. My guess is about 1915.

So yay, 101th anniversary. Maybe.

:meh:
It didn't come with a numbered plaque.

1997 marked the 40th Anniversary of the importation of the Land Cruiser to the U.S.

Well, after 2 weeks waiting for and answer, this is what I got from them:

"Dear Mr. Carl,

Thank you for your response and for providing the VIN.

We apologize; after conducting research, we are not able to provide the specific number listed on the badge in your 1997 Land Cruiser.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free tocontact us.

Sincerely,

Erica Brown
Toyota Customer Experience Center"

...really not helpful at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom