fj 45 lv, do i save it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol well looking at the insurance sticker top two i cant read but the 3rd says 74. either way it hasnt been running for a long time! it may have the hub caps also, two i think are in a big cardboard box of parts in the backseat.....which has no door handle..... new motor is kidna in the works as in i know where to get one. one thing at a time really. i have no rush to get it driving so that is always a good thing with a project to not cut corners with.

Welcome to the house that MUD built :flipoff2:

Just ask yourself what it's worth to you in money ( to buy it ) and money your willing to put into it... and the time as well. :D

Good on you for towing it home. I agree that this should be viewed as a long term project. Get her home, strip her down and get her sandblasted. Take your time enjoying pulling each system together and slowly watching her come to life. Man, I need friends like that. People keep telling me about old 40s and 45 pickups which are harder for me to justify in terms of time and expense, not done with my BJ40 yet But this 45LV or a 55 I'd put on a trailer and park in the driveway right now. Great find. Congrats, I'm seriously green with cruiser envy.:D

get a BJ60 and swap ALL the drive train ... and drive it

I absolutely LOVE FJ45LV's! That thing looks great!

I'd love to have one too- and there is lots of room between a full on $$$$ restoration and getting it into enjoyable condition- ie drives well and reliable. Not that getting it back on the road won't cost money too- but not nearly as much if you make the focus getting it to work like it should as opposed to getting it to look like it just rolled off the assembly line. I cant afford such a restoration but I'd take that in a heart beat just do my best to get it into running maintainable condition. You can always restore later if you just keep it from getting worse. Looking forward to the after wash followup. Bet you'll find some nasty areas on that thing....

Pete

2008. 2008 was a long time ago. No new posts fro OP so he's likely sold it or finished.

We need some kind of pop up warning for this situation- something like

" You are about to respond to a post that is ancient and likely outdated Doing so may make you look like an idiot and force current posts off the 1st page into obscurity where they will become outdated as well.

Cancel Continue"

2008. 2008 was a long time ago. No new posts fro OP so he's likely sold it or finished.

It would have been nice to see a build thread on it. Assuming that is its current status in your avatar.

20160629_165738.jpg
20160708_185833.jpg
20160717_145339.jpg
20160916_052353.jpg
20160703_194105.jpg
some pics, no build thread I'm usually busy, and Internet here not the greatest.

Ooooh a 12HT I like it!!! You have put a lot of work into it. The old girl is looking very nice and the pickups are nice as well. Thanks for the pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom