Rear wiper and washer inop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cleantechinc.com
ive searched around and not come up with much involving this particular issue. My rear wiper and all washer functions just stopped working. I've looked at fuses and wiring everything seems to be in order. Anyone else had this happen to them?

The diverter valve often fails and causes no-squirt, but I don't think that would kill power to the wiper. But it's part of the harness so worth checking as it's easy to find near the firewall/inner fender junction in front of the driver under the hood.

Do you have front squirt and wipe? Same fuse for both from what I can see in a quick look at the FSM. The rear has a separate relay located back there.

The diverter valve often fails and causes no-squirt, but I don't think that would kill power to the wiper. But it's part of the harness so worth checking as it's easy to find near the firewall/inner fender junction in front of the driver under the hood.

Do you have front squirt and wipe? Same fuse for both from what I can see in a quick look at the FSM. The rear has a separate relay located back there.
Front

Front wipers are functioning but no spray

There's a rather detailed test procedure sett out for the front and rear relays, but mostly pointing toward the wiper switch (on the stalk on the steer column). After that it's all about checking the harness is intact. Have you done any work lately that might involve any of this?

I doubt it's a relay issue, as would think that would take the unlikely both failing at the same time. I suspect the wiper switch, but would want further testing to confirm before dropping the coin on that. Might try wiggling/working the wiper switch to see if you can get it working again temporarily, which might point toward it as an issue.

On my 91 the rear wiper shaft broke. I took it apart, and welded the shaft back together.

It was apparent once I started to dig into it, as I could remove the rear wiper assembly from the exterior of the truck by pulling it away from the tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom