brake light warning on bj42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

just wondering if anybody can help me out, the brake light warning is on my bj42, fluid is full but I have no power brakes, pull off the vacuum line at the check valve and the vacuum pump is pulling around 25in merc. I'm assuming booster failure?

maybe the water separator is full or has bad connection

can you elaborate on water seperator? this is my first landcruiser and have no idea where to look or what that is.

Your separator is under the driver side floor board it is canister shaped attached to the frame rail it has a drain cock to drain out the water there is a wire connected to it covered by a rubber water cap check to see if it is attached or corroded.

Hey guys,

just wondering if anybody can help me out, the brake light warning is on my bj42, fluid is full but I have no power brakes, pull off the vacuum line at the check valve and the vacuum pump is pulling around 25in merc. I'm assuming booster failure?

Where did you pull off the vacuum line? I would say that it could be teh vacuum canister that has a holi, since you have no powerbrakes.
But if you did pull the line off at the brakebooster and you got vacuum there, then yes, there must be a hole in the brakebooster.

Thanks, I'll check the water separator. Yes I pulled the vacuum line right at the booster off the check valve.

so if I put a vacuum to the booster check valve it should obviously hold unless there is a leak in the booster right?

so if I put a vacuum to the booster check valve it should obviously hold unless there is a leak in the booster right?

Sure. Leaking diagramphs in 30 years old brakeboster is expectable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom