Found the PERFECT aftermarket stereo for the 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the phone bluetooth does it need a mic?

Last edited:
It came with a mike so I'm assuming so. I hooked it up but have not tried it out yet.

@WHG423 I know it is a bit anal but can you time how long it take for the phone to pair when first starting the truck. Like I said, the only downfall of my JVC is that it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute for it to sync with the phone when I start the truck. Not a deal breaker but love that when we get into the wife's '11 4Runner that it literally is connected before the garage door has fully opened and we are out of the driveway.

How difficult would it be to change the lights to all green to match the rest of the interior? I know, kinda anal, but I like the old school greenery.

I was looking at that Jensen. How's the sound?

For my birthday, I decided to treat myself to one of these cool radios. Well...I am seriously disappointed in the this radio!

I installed it today and played it for the first time, and the sound quality is Furking s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has poor radio, cd and ipad sound quality, no matter the settings! My old Kenwood blows this thing away in every way but one, this look better.

I am so pissed I removed my old Kenwood, rewired everything really nice, and to have it sound this bad is BS. Before anyone says anything, Yes it's wired correctly.

Do not, I repeat, do not waste you're money on the crap radio! I'm returning it!

Not sure why yours sounds so bad and everyone elses sounds fine. In a case like this I would run threough the install again to be double sure the speakers are hooked up right..
In what way does yours sound bad?
Do you have an amp in the system?
Are the speakers the proper rating - watts and impedence - for the head unit?
What head unit are you using?
Two or 4 speakers?

The sound is muffled and kind of over modulated with a heavy bass tone.

Installation was straight forward, just replace my working unit with a "Better and HD unit."

Speakers are connected properly - I double and triple checked after it sounded so poor.

No amp

Speakers match the unit and worked fine and sounded good prior to change

Head unit is built in - I tried radio, CD and Ipod, and all sounded poor compared to the kenwood - I jumped Kenwood into Jensen plug and it was back to good sound?

4 speakers, all balance and fade work properly

The Kenwood was nothing special - A $130 unit 8-9 years ago, that has started skip on CD when hitting almost any pebble in the road, but parked or radio sounded good. Way, way better then the Jensen.

In addition, I discovered the clock will not set, so maybe it's a defective unit?

I contacted the seller I bought it from on Ebay - It was a new unit. They contacted me already and are sending a replacement unit. I'll see what happens.

Holding final judgement until swap of units and test.

I dunno. I've still got the crap speakers the PO installed and mine sounds fine, but I'm no audiophile. I still listen to Mono... :p

OK...

The stereo supplier sent me a new unit right away. They shipped the next day with 2 day delivery, and followed up with emails and phone calls. Really good customer service!

I swapped it out today...wait...

All is good in the world! It sounds good, at least 97% better. No more distortion and all the controls work as they should!

The Jensen HD is good, but not outstanding, from a sound perspective. My old Kenwood, is a little better, not by much. But, the Jensen looks really good and has some nice features, and definitely does not skip when playing a CD - Ya, I play CD's:flipoff2:!

I am happy with the unit and glad I made the change.

It has a couple of nice features I did not know about. One is low battery alarm and auto shutoff. Kind of nice.

The ebay seller I bought from has these for $215 + $10 shipping. A good deal and a good seller, who really took care of my problem!

So I like it!

OK...

The stereo supplier sent me a new unit right away. They shipped the next day with 2 day delivery, and followed up with emails and phone calls. Really good customer service!

I swapped it out today...wait...

All is good in the world! It sounds good, at least 97% better. No more distortion and all the controls work as they should!

The Jensen HD is good, but not outstanding, from a sound perspective. My old Kenwood, is a little better, not by much. But, the Jensen looks really good and has some nice features, and definitely does not skip when playing a CD - Ya, I play CD's:flipoff2:!

I am happy with the unit and glad I made the change.

It has a couple of nice features I did not know about. One is low battery alarm and auto shutoff. Kind of nice.

The ebay seller I bought from has these for $215 + $10 shipping. A good deal and a good seller, who really took care of my problem!

So I like it!

sweet! I was waiting for you to reply! I am looking at the bluetooth version, is that what you have too?

Mine has bluetooth, but I have not paired it yet. I forgot to order the mic, so it will have to wait.

I think the issue with the sound is power. The Jensen takes a lot of volume knob to equal the old Kenwood. The Jensen has a volume bar display which shows it takes 75-80% of the volume range to sound good driving 4 Polk speakers. And no, I'm not hard of hearing!

A remote amp would likely help, and these have all the plugs ready to go.

I'm going on a weekend camping trip and will give this a real review.

So far, I'm happy with it.

Mine has bluetooth, but I have not paired it yet. I forgot to order the mic, so it will have to wait.

I think the issue with the sound is power. The Jensen takes a lot of volume knob to equal the old Kenwood. The Jensen has a volume bar display which shows it takes 75-80% of the volume range to sound good driving 4 Polk speakers. And no, I'm not hard of hearing!

A remote amp would likely help, and these have all the plugs ready to go.

I'm going on a weekend camping trip and will give this a real review.

So far, I'm happy with it.
Do you mind posting the link to the ebay site? The only ones I could find were 269 plus 15 shipping
thanks!

Here it is - JENSEN JHD3630BT Heavy Duty AM/FM/CD/WB/iPod & SIRIUS Ready Radio with Bluetooth

When I bought mine, they had 10 units available. Maybe more will be available? Shipping has gone up by $5.00 also.

Here my purchase:

ENSEN JHD3630BT Heavy Duty AM/FM/CD/WB/iPod & SIRIUS Ready Radio with Bluetooth

Be the first to write a review

Seller information
*dealfinder* (358 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
Visit store:
AutoPartsDiscounts
See other items

Item Information
Item condition: