Front locker uograde (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1993 unlocked FZJ. I recently picked up a 1996 LX 450 for a parts donor vehicle, ( lockers, lift, tires, etc). I believe in doing research that the 93 were wired for front lockers even if they were not equipped. My problem is that I have the ECU for the locker and was going to install it but cannot find the harness in the kick panel. Was I mistaken that these were pre wired, or am I just blind in not being able to find it?

You know You could wire it with out the ecu.You would have more control of which locker is locked and when.

Did you look behind the passenger kick panel? I agree with @samiam09. My air lockers are controlled by the factory dial switch and sometimes I wish they were on separate switches.

I have looked behind the passenger kick panel. The mounting tabs are there, but I do no see an connector that needs a new home.

I bought an aftermarket switch and harness for the front and it was easy and works great. I bought mine from low range off-road. I just replaced the front motor yesterday with a new one ($350). I replaced the rear motor with a pnuematics accuator that I built myself. I have both front and rear motors original motors that are both non op that you can have if you wish to rebuild them.
IMG_20140724_135014.jpg

Thanks Larry Butler for the idea. If you want to get rid of those factory actuators for free that are inop I will take them.

If you don't need the rear locker that's inoperable I'd gladly take it. Mines beyond repairable thanks to north east winters. Thanks. I'd even throw few dollars your way for it. Thanks

My address is 2875 Hermosa CT. Camino, Ca 95709. Let me know on this thread which one you want ( so everyone knows it's taken) then send me $20 for shipping (and your address) and I will drop them on UPS. Thanks, Larry

I'd look for the gray 6-pin rectangular connector under/near the cruise actuator first. If that's there it stands to reason that the other connector is somewhere up inside the kick panel, even if well hidden.

On my truck it was WAY up inside there.. kinda went through the same thing you did at first, didn't find it and was trying to figure out what I was missing.. turns out I didn't look hard enough.

All of that said.. the rear harness will not be in place. You'll need to lay the floor harness from the rig with lockers from the driver's side lower A-pillar all the way back to the rear quarter. And from experience, if the locked harness is from an LX you will have a few wires to switch around in the connector to get everything working. The same harness goes to the front seatbelt light, shifter illumination, ABS sensor under the shifter, up the b-pillar for the rear door locks/speaker, fuel pump, tail lights, etc. A couple good wiring diagrams can help you figure this part out.

I'd look for the gray 6-pin rectangular connector under/near the cruise actuator first. If that's there it stands to reason that the other connector is somewhere up inside the kick panel, even if well hidden.

On my truck it was WAY up inside there.. kinda went through the same thing you did at first, didn't find it and was trying to figure out what I was missing.. turns out I didn't look hard enough.

All of that said.. the rear harness will not be in place. You'll need to lay the floor harness from the rig with lockers from the driver's side lower A-pillar all the way back to the rear quarter. And from experience, if the locked harness is from an LX you will have a few wires to switch around in the connector to get everything working. The same harness goes to the front seatbelt light, shifter illumination, ABS sensor under the shifter, up the b-pillar for the rear door locks/speaker, fuel pump, tail lights, etc. A couple good wiring diagrams can help you figure this part out.

THIS is valuable information right here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom