Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Several pics above show a lighted D light. Hah. I believe all high mileage pics should have a failed D light as a prerequisite!

Totally agree with this! In the many LCs my dad and I have owned, there's never been a working D light. I guess my 60 doesn't qualify since its stick, but the other 6 80s and past 3 100s.....

My current 100 has been pretty good to me in the 8 months I've owned it, no major problems except for the starter motor that just went out at 251k a few days ago

while not high miles, I think I own the highest mileage 07... Hoping for many more years of service from this truck.
IMG_5491.JPG

to add to my last post, here is the complete service history on my 260k truck. Really thorough. didn't see where the heater tees were replaced... Im going to get on that ASAP. anything else I should be addressing?

Attachments

• 07 service history....pdf
    231.3 KB · Views: 301
to add to my last post, here is the complete service history on my 260k truck. Really thorough. didn't see where the heater tees were replaced... Im going to get on that ASAP. anything else I should be addressing?

You think getting caught in the mud caused problem with rear diff and drive shaft?

IDK... Thanks to the service history, I had the a new right rear axle, cam seal, and a 90k service done on the dealer's dime. they also replaced the TPMS for all for tires, installed 2 new michelin tires, replaced the headrest dvd players, and fixed the airbag light. I paid a premium for the truck, but they basically baselined it for me. I look forward to driving it for a long time.

IDK... Thanks to the service history, I had the a new right rear axle, cam seal, and a 90k service done on the dealer's dime. they also replaced the TPMS for all for tires, installed 2 new michelin tires, replaced the headrest dvd players, and fixed the airbag light. I paid a premium for the truck, but they basically baselined it for me. I look forward to driving it for a long time.

What did you pay?

Great combo- KTM 300XC on the back of a 100. Nice!

Ok, buying a 2004 with 230k on it... Service records since new, only at Toyota Dealer. Timing chain done 15k ago, clean carfax, one owner, clean as all hell...

Anything I should look for or be worried about?

Ok, buying a 2004 with 230k on it... Service records since new, only at Toyota Dealer. ... Anything I should look for or be worried about?
It happens (more often than not) that dealers don't bother about service that takes time AND gives them less income on parts. Check/repack front wheel bearings and spindle bearings. Lube the F & R drive shafts (prop.shaft) every 2.5 to 3 k miles. Check that auto-box oil has been changed.

Still breaking this thing in...

101116_130k.jpg

2000 LX470 with 264K, affectionately known as GrayBear!

Sold pick up date 10-13-16 004.JPG

GrayBear is pulled by the King. The King is the work horse that rules the garage with only 167K he's a young King for sure.

Brought the Gary home to see if could be saved. With such a lack of respect PO didn't deserve to even sit in a 100. It was the worst driving, most unsafe vehicle I've ever driven, and that was after I got the brakes working. Was a Bear to baseline...GrayBear...at 263K
00 LX470 001.JPG

Sold one week after listing, to a mechanic, said it was cleanest and best driving around. I've always sold to first person that looked, some 20+ vehicle over the years. What can I say, buyers do like my stuff. Went out the door clean, safe, ready to go coast to coast and a pleasure to drive. Wish them the best of luck with GrayBear at 264.
1.JPG

WhiteLady next out the door. She a lady for sure, so clean, sweet and sparkles like a pearl with only 215K. I'm have trouble letting her go, not even listed yet. She my DD until the King back on his paws.
2001 LX470 (8).JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom