40 Series Hood alignment issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help with a solution to this? The passenger side of the hood lines up fine but the drivers side sticks out. Thanks in advance

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

The gap between your apron (where the Land Cruiser emblem is mounted) and the vented part of the cowl is too small. Adjust the fender and the attached apron forward for a larger gap. Check photos of other 40's to see the correct gap. You'll have to loosen and reposition several other bolts to accomplish this, including the ones between the fender and the running board. You may actually have to move the running board forward as well. These trucks seemingly came from the factory with widely varying fit-ups.

The gap between your apron (where the Land Cruiser emblem is mounted) and the vented part of the cowl is too small. Adjust the fender and the attached apron forward for a larger gap. Check photos of other 40's to see the correct gap. You'll have to loosen and reposition several other bolts to accomplish this, including the ones between the fender and the running board. You may actually have to move the running board forward as well. These trucks seemingly came from the factory with widely varying fit-ups.

Ok will have a look. Much appreciated!

apron forward and out and the fender itself looks like it needs to come up

It looks like that fender needs to be lowered. I would also get some body shims because you a may also need to shim the frame to the fender bolts. On mine I had to shim the top fender attach points. It looks like the other side needs a little work. You may have to loosen up the other side also. The body mounts also play a role in the front end alignment.

My comment would be close to Dougs, additionally I had to enlarge the bolt holes at the back of the fender (where it bolts to cowl) on both sides to get my hood to align on both sides. Additionally I had to actually add spacers between back of hood and cowl to achieve enough gap.

Bet it was aligned okay before that snorkle was installed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom