Hood Louvers? - Retro FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree that the punched vents look more like factory style louvers. I guess one of the big things for me would be that I could see myself completing the inserts myself, however, finding someone to punch the others might be more difficult.

Not to hijack, but I wonder where we could find surplus aircraft parts... The rivet-on stainless steel louvers on the upper aft surface of Embraer turboprop engine nacelles look perfect for an 80 hood. There must be others of similar size. Just a thought. Mack

I may have found a guy in socal to do it.. On my list and since my hood is in need of paint now might be a good time...

Treeroot,

Did you end up finishing this off with edging or something to protect the ABS from water? Or did you not need it, I'm sure it has rained since you did this:D

Treeroot,

Did you end up finishing this off with edging or something to protect the ABS from water? Or did you not need it, I'm sure it has rained since you did this:D

I just jet the water and snow in:hillbilly: If the truck is parked, a small amount drips in but I haven't noticed any issues. The tray idea would be very simple to add and I still might, just need to find something and glue it up there.

Not to hijack, but I wonder where we could find surplus aircraft parts... The rivet-on stainless steel louvers on the upper aft surface of Embraer turboprop engine nacelles look perfect for an 80 hood. There must be others of similar size. Just a thought. Mack

search "hood louver" on Ebay. Tons of em.

Who makes the roof rack?

Checked your sig and cant tell which one.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Any chance I could get the contact information from the person who made these ? These are very nice and I would love them on my 96' FJ80. Thank you

Any chance I could get the contact information from the person who made these ? These are very nice and I would love them on my 96' FJ80. Thank you

The shop changed their name but they're still the guys and will punch the louvres. The phone number earlier in the thread still works as well.

I have actually had to work with the owner of that shop for something completely different than bodywork and can tell you he was a GREAT guy.

I used the Rod Louvers on my truggy hood and was very please with the product.

336587_258017077562524_6369548_o.jpg

333655_259507500746815_33061887_o.jpg

@NCFJ what are those magnets you used to hold the louvers to the hood. Interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom