Florida LandCruiser Owner Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No intent here to hijack the thread, but I couldn't find one with as many members as this one---Please check out the "Across America" thread on MUD--It's sort of a relay among ALL the Cruiser folks all over the Country--Local 'cells' travel several hundred miles to the next group, passing along a batton(to be determined)to them--and on and on. -No one knows where it starts yet--or where it would end(if ever) There is a current map by Hecrod showing the confirmed folks willing to do the drive(sometimes up to 500 miles)
Please check it out---
BTW - if you typically carry vintage Coleman gear(lamps/stoves), you will be immediately drafted for that which they were meant for--Cooks and Lighting Directors---Ha!

Hey everybody, 40 and 100 owner here. Now living in Tampa, working throughout Bay Area, with a another place in Stuart. I've been lurking for a decade or so, wish I could remember all my old usernames, trying to be more active now that I'm (cough cough) settling down... in one location.

Hi Folks,
Recently moved to south Orlando area from California. Irish by birth but have lived in a few countries during my time. Did a lot of wheeling in the Southern Californian mountains and "Greenlaning" throughout the UK. I haven't done any wheeling since I moved to Florida so this is something I need to put right sooner rather than later. I have a number of "winter" projects lined up for the cooler days including a new rear 4x4 double swing out, dual batteries and OBA. in the spring I plan on adding a ARB front bumper and a 2.5 OME lift. My rig is a '94, triple locked in green which I barely tolerate. I would love to find someone who wants to practice painting in return for a barging price so I can get her to a nice white...

Hi Folks,
Recently moved to south Orlando area from California. Irish by birth but have lived in a few countries during my time. Did a lot of wheeling in the Southern Californian mountains and "Greenlaning" throughout the UK. I haven't done any wheeling since I moved to Florida so this is something I need to put right sooner rather than later. I have a number of "winter" projects lined up for the cooler days including a new rear 4x4 double swing out, dual batteries and OBA. in the spring I plan on adding a ARB front bumper and a 2.5 OME lift. My rig is a '94, triple locked in green which I barely tolerate. I would love to find someone who wants to practice painting in return for a barging price so I can get her to a nice white...
welcome....im from that side of the water also...
west Orlando here...

Howdy and welcome from St Augustine , just an hour and a half north of ya! ;)

Welcome to Florida! I'm about two hours north of you in Middleburg (just south of Jacksonville). Wheeling in Florida is mostly sandy, flat to rolling hills, swamps, piney woods, oak hammocks, and mud. IH8MUD is the real deal around here. If you want mountains and rocks you'll have to go to north GA, east TN, west SC and NC. There's a Toyota event every year in MAY call the Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride (GSMTR) in east TN (ten hours from you) that's well attended and you'll get to do some mountain wheeling.

Hello all! I am here in the Orlando area, up in Sanford. Bought my '96 a few months ago, a few leaks aside I am almost done with basic repairs. Do you guys ever get together for rides/beers/camping/wrenching whatever? I want to do a lift soon, would be great to have someone who has done it before laugh at me while I attempt it...

Mark

Hello all! I am here in the Orlando area, up in Sanford. Bought my '96 a few months ago, a few leaks aside I am almost done with basic repairs. Do you guys ever get together for rides/beers/camping/wrenching whatever? I want to do a lift soon, would be great to have someone who has done it before laugh at me while I attempt it...

Mark

Hey Mark, lifts on the 80's are cake, make sure you spray everything with PB starting a few weeks before though.

Check out our Turkey Trot event towards the end of November.

There used to be some semi-regular "tech sessions" where we would do a pig project on a member rig (re-gear diffs, SOA, etc) but it's been awhile. Seems like things are starting to pick up again in terms of active members though so we'll see what happens!

I'm in Oviedo but I'm up towards Sanford all the time.

2x what matt said spray pb blaster daily for at least a week on every bolt/nut that has anything to do with suspension.under you LC. shocks & springs are super easy to change. the steering stabilizer can be a Pia. also you will need access to a press to get the new bushings in to adjust to the lift.

New to the Landcruiser club in Jacksonville / St Johns County area. Got a semi-restored 1985 FJ60 from a guy down south. Using it as my daily driver while I sort it out. I have an FJ Cruiser as well my son borrows (a lot!). Never done any 4 wheeling except at hunt clubs (by necessity!) I saw St Augustine and Middleburg... would be fun to go ride in Osceola or Ocala NF one Saturday.

Welcome to the club. Looking to head over to Citrus 26 or 27. I'll post up.

JameyFL, welcome. I live in Middleburg. PM me and we'll get together.

New 100 series owner here in Orlando!

Thanks! Love this truck. I would wager to say I'm partially obsessed. I've loved them for a long time, and always wanted one. It's old, but new to me.

Thanks! Love this truck. I would wager to say I'm partially obsessed. I've loved them for a long time, and always wanted one. It's old, but new to me.

It's a 100 series, it's not old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom