What an FJ60 Looks Like After a Head on Collision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad that you walked away, you are a fortunate man indeed. Be glad you were driving a truck that took that much abuse and saved your life.

Wow, just wow. Glad you survived and sorry to hear about the others. Definitely gives me more confidence in 60s and serves as a reminder that we should all replace our original seatbelts with new ones.

Glad you posted this Kyle... lots there and sure that it was a somewhat emotional day for you to see full realization of what happened. The loss of memory can be a good and bad things, so keep yourself going whatever is needed.

Also, text me your address when you get a chance (think you still have my number) and I have a sticker to start the new truck.. Like I said before, next time you are in Reno hit me up and I will come up and take you out for a beer.

Wow, brother, so glad you walked away....

Everybody's nightmare.... Did the other party have insurance?

Speechless..

Kyle you are one "Lucky" guy after all that mess, i have an assortment of stickers in the garage and you can have whichever you like when you come over with your new rig let me know what is your budget when you get everything settled so i can keep my eye open for an 80 series.
Could you save the steering wheel as a remembrance? I would grab those switches and grab handle if you can, parts are getting hard to come by as you know we will miss "Bessie" for sure.

Incredible. I'm so glad you walked away with your life. What time of day did this happen? Maybe I missed it.

Almost 2 years ago, I was stopped on the freeway due to an active construction zone, when a drunk driver came up on me at full highway speed and slammed right into my tail end. My back is in pain as I write this post and it's just something I've had to learn to live with. I have no respect for drunk drivers. It is a shame about the passenger in the Honda though.

If anything deserves respect, it's your 60, and you of course... But your cruiser saved your life my friend. Keep a piece of her as a momento, before she gets crushed.

Be careful out there everyone. Be hyper aware of your surroundings when driving. Often times these things happen with zero warning. Stay safe.

Thanks for sharing. Sad state of affairs all around. You are indeed lucky to have survived. Aside from a few switches and minor pieces, not much can be parted out.

Good lord. That 60 gave every bit of itself on that one, glad you are ok. Looks like the smaller car went under the front end which helped lessen your impact but unfortunately not for them.

Just Friday driving home from work I saw two young girls riding in a Miata and shuddered at the thought of my kids in that thing. My 16 yo is getting the FJ62.

Any idea where the seatbelt broke?

Glad you survived! That was a terrible crash.

The seat belt warning is important, and one I should know. I was in an accident years ago were the seat belt failed and was thrown from a car that rolled several times. I had been thinking about the seat belts in my 60, and this is making me replace them.

Again, glad your relatively OK and you are telling this as a way to help us all.

I second the speechless comment. I can barely fathom the mess that the two vehicles became as a result of the impact. Seat belts... I need to look into new for sure. Regardless of feeling like mine are fine I do drive my 3 year old in his car seat in the rear middle. As soon as I can get mine up and running I'll be taking her to the dealership for the recall for sure now. And maybe I won't ditch my big ugly smittybilt tube bumper after all; darn thing probably provides a ton more strength to the front end. I am so glad you are okay and as a nurse, I can just barely imagine the frightful scene that was found by the emergency crew. Those images are what make nightmares. You most definitely have a higher power looking out for you. I also second the saving a few things from the truck.... use them as good luck charms in the new truck.

Wow man. This is intense. Glad you're still here. Sorry about the truck though, she was a sweet rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom