70 series inner door window felts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello everyone,
Thought I would start a separate thread on this subject so it can be easily found in the future.

So as some of you may know, some non-US 60-series had partial door cards with exposed paint at the top. I personally love this more utilitarian look as it fits better with the cruiser as a whole. Also the full door cards have the vinyl top which crack with age (as mine are).

There are three options to achieve this partial door card look:
1. You can have some sort of magical powers and locate the discontinued OEM inner door felts used on the non-US 60-series.

2. You can actually use the US inner door window felts made for the full door cards and adapt them to work without it. It is described in these threads: Pic needed...OEM door panel with paint at top exposed and in this one (Post 128)- window felt replacement

3. You can use the inner door window felts from a 75- or 79- series LC! They came from the factory with the partial door cards and use a similar setup:
75-series door-
26060060173_6a7aab5707_c.jpg

I should note here that credit for this idea goes to @goldchaser who used this trick in his thread ( Hj61 sahara overhaul ). He was kind enough to tell me he got his felts from a 75-series LC. Furthermore, @boozewz recently demonstrated, in his amazing thread ( 1989 GCC Spec FJ62 G Trim ), that the inner window felts from a 79-series also work! He also showed that they can be easily glued in as well. EDIT: The 79 series felts are not available in the US market.

A thank you to @beno , I ordered my inner window felts for a 75-series LC from him (I am sure he knows the part numbers off the top of his head). A note of caution, when ordering the inner window felts, make sure you order them for the 75/79-series without the wing windows. The wing-windowed versions are too short to make this work.

Here is the method I used to attach them:
So once you get the inner window felts you will notice they are too long so you have to trim them and they come with thick clips, which are not compatible with the round holes on the inner door:
29808467856_b643e02ec8_c.jpg

29551040950_b2c1bdcdee_c.jpg

To make the clips fit into the round holes, I ground down the clip barbs to fit in the round holes (about 4.5mm wide):
29216706844_5db7452820_c.jpg

It snapped in very nicely and securely:
29808471036_65f91c710f_c.jpg

Here it is mounted:
29814195561_efb901c23d_c.jpg

To finish off the look you can order the lock knob trim pieces, as shown by @DanS HJ-45 in his thread (post 412) Who likes addition? (FJ-60 + 1HZ)

Thanks, hopefully this was helpful! :beer:

Last edited:
Looking forwards to seeing your finished door cards...

Very nice work Chase. Glad it worked out. I am happy to have a cool non-US solution.

:cheers:
Thank you! If anything, hopefully it buys us some time with respect to OEM parts availability since all the 60 stuff is drying up fast.

Great tech.

FWIW, I am pretty confident all 70 series models window felts would work, and not just limited to 75/79 series, provided as you mentioned they don't have the front window vents/wing windows.

Thanks for putting this together!

Thanks. And thank you for the tech as well. You should post your pics in this thread as well. I totally agree that other 70 series likely work as well but I'm not sure so I didn't want to say that.

Furthermore, @boozewz recently demonstrated, in his amazing thread ( 1989 GCC Spec FJ62 G Trim ), that the inner window felts from a 79-series also work! He also showed that they can be easily glued in as well.

Just wanted to update this to say that my balance 3 felts came in and we got them installed. This time we used the grounded down clips. We tried to take off the first test felt I installed earlier with the glue, so we could also use the clips, and it came right off. So, glue is not a workable solution for this mod.

Hope more people do this! Its super clean and fits perfectly.

Just wanted to update this to say that my balance 3 felts came in and we got them installed. This time we used the grounded down clips. We tried to take off the first test felt I installed earlier with the glue, so we could also use the clips, and it came right off. So, glue is not a workable solution for this mod.

Awesome! Always good to have secondary validation of a method. Thanks again for the idea! :cheers:

Those are the later 7x series belt mouldings. Not available in the US market.

Nice

Awesome x2

Soo the inquiring minds want to know....

How much for two front doors
And for the whole set?
tia

Great thread....

A note of caution, when ordering the inner window felts, make sure you order them for the 75/79-series without the wing windows. The wing-windowed versions are too short to make this work.

I got two wind windows from @reevesci that Im going to be installing pretty soon on my 60....
Wondering if these parts would be available in the US market
What say you @beno ?

Beno says: "why do I have to answer all of these questions for free?"

Thank you.
You could set up a 1-900 number and have people punch in a CC number to talk to you......

To answer the question, I ordered my 75 series wiper strips from Mr. @beno . He was referring to the 79 series belts not being available in the US.

Last edited:
You could set up a 1-900 number and have people punch in a CC number to talk to you......

I'm almost at that point these days... Amazingly, it's ok for other people to make money but for the person providing you with information and knowledge it's somehow less ok. That hypocrisy is why I am out shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom