Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Ben!!!

IMG_0293.jpg

My brother owned a 1998 LX470 with no sunroof. Had roof rack and running boards etc.

@benc and any perspective buyers - just a bit of feedback on my experience with the bumper thus far.

I had a chance to do some heavy duty wheeling this summer and the bumper performed great. We all know that it looks good, but this is a legit performance upgrade as well. The approach angle is fantastic and when crossing some very rocky terrain (i.e. small boulders) the bumper absorbed a few unavoidable times that I struck a rock on the underside.

Winching: I utilize a Warn Zeon 12S and had previously done some flat ground pulls to get a feel for the unit but recently needed this winch/bumper combo to bail me out. Stuck center high on my Slee belly plate, the bumper mounted winch was able to do its job and the bumper did not move at all. Due to restively small tires, and modest lift, there was another instance where I simply did not have the approach I needed to clear a muddy rock obstacle (Vermont Overland Trophy trail section) and used the winch to pull me up and over, and for a moment, I was essentially riding the two bumper bump outs (where the wings meet the center). Again, bumper did not complain and I was able to continue the journey.

So thanks Ben for a great product, and to anyone that wheels the 100 hard and needs a bumper to do some work, this is definitely a solid option to consider.

@benc and any perspective buyers - just a bit of feedback on my experience with the bumper thus far.

I had a chance to do some heavy duty wheeling this summer and the bumper performed great. We all know that it looks good, but this is a legit performance upgrade as well. The approach angle is fantastic and when crossing some very rocky terrain (i.e. small boulders) the bumper absorbed a few unavoidable times that I struck a rock on the underside.

Winching: I utilize a Warn Zeon 12S and had previously done some flat ground pulls to get a feel for the unit but recently needed this winch/bumper combo to bail me out. Stuck center high on my Slee belly plate, the bumper mounted winch was able to do its job and the bumper did not move at all. Due to restively small tires, and modest lift, there was another instance where I simply did not have the approach I needed to clear a muddy rock obstacle (Vermont Overland Trophy trail section) and used the winch to pull me up and over, and for a moment, I was essentially riding the two bumper bump outs (where the wings meet the center). Again, bumper did not complain and I was able to continue the journey.

So thanks Ben for a great product, and to anyone that wheels the 100 hard and needs a bumper to do some work, this is definitely a solid option to consider.
Thanks Patrick!

Ben - What is required to achieve mounting the 3X3 LED's projecting straight forward like this, and where are the pieces sourced?

From this thread: Dissent offroad bumper pic thread

The only information given was this:
"Here is another option for forward projecting lights, this is jerry from lab-racks rig. He used there cans from there arb fog light housing."

Are these ARB Fog Light Housing "cans" readily available anywhere? Do you now already have the bumper cutout pattern for this option?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342203-424383-jpg.1161047

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342214-996347-jpg.1161048

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342225-742394-jpg.1161049

Ben - What is required to achieve mounting the 3X3 LED's projecting straight forward like this, and where are the pieces sourced?

From this thread: Dissent offroad bumper pic thread

The only information given was this:
"Here is another option for forward projecting lights, this is jerry from lab-racks rig. He used there cans from there arb fog light housing."

Are these ARB Fog Light Housing "cans" readily available anywhere? Do you now already have the bumper cutout pattern for this option?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342203-424383-jpg.1161047

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342214-996347-jpg.1161048

imageuploadedbytapatalk1447342225-742394-jpg.1161049
he had this done at a local fab shop using parts off their arb cans,
I do not currently offer this as an option because the holes can not be laser cut as they will interfere with the bends, they would have to be cut by hand after the parts are formed. It does look nice but if lights are going to be run on top of the bumper these lights really would be obsolete, I personally like the lights angled out as I think it is a better use of the lights assuming other lights would be on top of the bumper projecting forward.
That being said, I could duplicate this no problem but it would cost extra.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Another low profile front bumper mounted last weekend on an 06.
thanks Jeff!

When you say low-profile, do you mean no bull bars or are there multiple options for approach angles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom