What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have to replace both rear calipers and continue modding my bumper now that my sciatica has settled down. I got to get this made into a poster after my neighbour told me he was going to come over to see what all my "metal working" was about, but then decided not to after hearing me use a few choice words.
image.jpeg

He's saying you need new springs again. :flipoff2:
No, I'm done... I'm really happy with my Slinky set up, the only thing left to try is a thinner fj80 front sway bar.

Have to replace both rear calipers and continue modding my bumper now that my sciatica has settled down. I got to get this made into a poster after my neighbour told me he was going to come over to see what all my "metal working" was about, but then decided not to after hearing me use a few choice words.
View attachment 1326477
How do you "like" something more than once? Or can we add a "effin aye" button!

took the 80 to the track to help a buddy out with his dorifto car.
image.jpeg

ended up using the truck as a warm safe place in the storm that blew in.
image.jpeg

add to repair list: re seal sail panels behind sliders.

This is the sandbagging station I worked 6 hrs at this evening. Not a lot of pics as I was working my a$$ off!! At one point my son counted and I was filling 25 bags per 5 minutes. Or 1800 bags in the 6 hrs. Holy crap I'm beat! Start up again in the morning to keep at it.

I know we don't have squat for places to wheel and Iowa is generally a boring state to drive through but I highly recommend making a visit. Some of the greatest people in the world. The City is estimating that 40,000 people helped today. The population is 125,000. That's pretty incredible. The City and United Way had to redirect people to different locations because there were so many volunteers. Local grocery store chain (HyVee) donated food and water all day)

Bad news is they have raised the crest level...

The 93 hauled shovels like a champ! My fridge kept the water and Gatorade ice cold. And my vinyl flooring has turned out to be quite helpful with the mud and sand. Easy cleanup. (Just keeping it tech)

View attachment 1326414
Yep, I don't envy your sandbag filling. I must say though that you were moving at a pretty good clip to be doing a sandbag every 20 seconds. Having been a professional sandbag filler for 8 years that is an unheard of pace. Hope it all turns out well and everyone and their home are safe.

How much does one of those fancy units run? Been looking all over and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. How's about I send you the cost of a new one and you send me the used unit and by yourself a new one lol! Lucky dog you.

Are they saying that because you keep adding fresh oil throughout that 5000 miles? I've wondered what mine would say because I'm burning/leaking a barrel per week...

I suppose that's a possibility. Although based on my extremely unscientific poll of posts on the Mud site, my consumption feels about like everyone else's, which means given the baseline the comments that are relative to 'average' should still be a good proxy.

At least, that's what I am telling myself......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom