Exhaust pipe flange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'84 2F.

This is the A-pipe and flange that connects to the exhaust manifold.

From what I can tell, this 3-bolt flange is not supposed to spin freely around the exhaust pipe. Is that correct? I'm getting ready to weld it up solid to the pipe to prevent any leakage, but want to confirm that it's not supposed to be a separate piece before I start melting stuff together...

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

Looks like a bad weld attempt I would welder up and call it a day only way to get leak free fit.
Make sure its bolted up before you welder up or you will end up with a bad fitment.

Looks like a bad weld attempt I would welder up and call it a day only way to get leak free fit.
Make sure its bolted up before you welder up or you will end up with a bad fitment.
Thanks! I scribed it before I unbolted it to make sure that when I weld it should be in the proper orientation. Seems strange to me that this factory weld would break clean like this, but who knows?

Ok, next question... The new gasket up by the manifold looks pretty symmetrical so can probably go on either direction. However, the gasket for the catalytic converter is not symmetrical. Any insight on which way it goes? The old one fell off before I could look to see how it was oriented...

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

I couldn't find anything in the manuals... I'm not sure if these are the same as OEM anyway... I got them from the local parts store. They're not labeled but I think they're Walker, or at least the part numbers match Walker's...

I ended up putting the flat/solid side against the A-pipe flange--shown in the second photo. It had a nice flat surface. The cat flange/pipe wasn't as flat, so I put the lead/soft side that direction...

I have everything back together and mounted, but everything is just hand tight for now. Ran out of time... I'll finish tightening things down and button everything up tomorrow.

Sweet.... brand new trans and t case looks like you are pulling out all the stops on that build everything looks new.

Next question... I need to replace the studs and nuts at the bottom of the manifold where the exhaust pipe mounts. The female manifold threads don't look or feel great, so I'd like to chase them with a tap, as well. Does anyone know the size/pitch specs for those threads?

I also need to search to find the part numbers for the studs and nuts...

Last edited:
Next question... I need to replace the studs and nuts at the bottom of the manifold where the exhaust pipe mounts. The female manifold threads don't look or feel great, so I'd like to chase them with a tap, as well. Does anyone know the size/pitch specs for those threads?

I also need to search to find the part numbers for the studs and nuts...
@beno and all new studs and nuts isnt expensive so may be worth it.

So, the part number I found for the studs is 90116-10096, but I emailed @beno with a few questions and waiting for confirmation on the PNs...

I found these Dorman studs that match the Toyota PN: Dorman Products - 03105

I wouldn't necessarily use these studs, but they do specify that the threads are M10-1.25, so I ordered a tap to clean out the threads on the manifold.

I'll order OEM studs/nuts once I get confirmation from Onur...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom