STOLEN STOLEN 1997 Land Cruiser - Seattle/Ballard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So awesome it was found so quickly! Bummer about the fridge. Hope the police can find the guy.

Big Shout Out to my Neighbor Jason! My Rig and turnpike's are very similar and the thief left it where I normally park mine. Jason notice that it wasn't my vehicle and that it was the one that was stolen. I love having him for a neighbor. Brian it was great meeting you today hope to see you at a cruiser head meeting soon. Thank you Mud for being an awesome resource love you guys great community.

Last edited:
Brian, I'm glad a lurker like myself could help out another fellow lurker! I figured if anyone in Ballard was going to notice a specific Land Criuser in the neighborhood it would be Jason. What are the odds it would be in front of his house? Glad it was recovered quickly. Small world because I also have a green Land Cruiser and it runs great now thanks to torfab who's also in this thread. It would be great to meet up with you green cruiser guys sometime. What a great community it is.

Update: Was talking to my Barista this morning and she asked me if it was my rig that was parked in front of the Mountain Café (2 blocks from my house) Saturday and Sunday? I told her the story and that it was Brian's. So this lends credit to my RV criminals theory. I guarantee you it's one of those punks. She said they all ride by at like 5-530 in the morning on their stolen bikes with their backpacks full of stolen goods.

NO TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRAIGHT TO EXECUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though this is one COOL ass thread. So cool that in less than a day you found your Baby!!!!!!!!

you heard of Blood Brothers right????

I think here we are........................... MUD BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Hope it all works out man.

Oh man, it's been a hectic week since I recovered my truck. Thanks for the concern and especially for the tips that led to finding my rig.

No damage to the rig, just items stolen. My deductible is higher than the value of the theft so I am going to be eating the loss.

One new development to mention:

This morning I found my ARB listed locally on a classifieds website. It's definitely mine.

In order to get it back I'm going to have to arrange a meeting and hope that the local police will be able to do a stand-by assist.

I'd really like to get this back, if only to negatively impact the thief who stole it.

From looking at the listing I was also able to find the likely seller's Facebook account. Seems pretty likely from some basic internet sleuthing that this person has my stuff. I found another page that is likely the person's SO and the name cross-checks with a repeat offender in the KingCo database. Not sure what I can do with that information that won't lead to them dumping my stuff but I've forwarded the links to SPD.

Not the sure the police will do anything and as far as I know, they haven't been able to get a hold of the video of my truck being dumped. SPD basically says I'm my own in terms of recovering any of my stolen items.

I've asked a buddy to work with the seller to set up a meeting, I'll see how that goes.

Oh man, it's been a hectic week since I recovered my truck. Thanks for the concern and especially for the tips that led to finding my rig.

No damage to the rig, just items stolen. My deductible is higher than the value of the theft so I am going to be eating the loss.

One new development to mention:

This morning I found my ARB listed locally on a classifieds website. It's definitely mine.

In order to get it back I'm going to have to arrange a meeting and hope that the local police will be able to do a stand-by assist.

I'd really like to get this back, if only to negatively impact the thief who stole it.

From looking at the listing I was also able to find the likely seller's Facebook account. Seems pretty likely from some basic internet sleuthing that this person has my stuff. I found another page that is likely the person's SO and the name cross-checks with a repeat offender in the KingCo database. Not sure what I can do with that information that won't lead to them dumping my stuff but I've forwarded the links to SPD.

Not the sure the police will do anything and as far as I know, they haven't been able to get a hold of the video of my truck being dumped. SPD basically says I'm my own in terms of recovering any of my stolen items.

I've asked a buddy to work with the seller to set up a meeting, I'll see how that goes.

So, how did things turn out? Post pics of the baseball bat damage :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom