Members directory (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys! Looking for a grey door panel (drivers door, 1993, not leather).. if you have any please let me know!

if you have it in leather, not a problem, but of course, have got to be gray.

thanks!

Hey guys,
My name is Clay and new to this forum. Just bought a 71 FJ40. 60K original and can certainly use your advice on local (Riverview or Brandon) area mechanics for future needs. I look forward to meeting you guys and having some fun. Pic of my new project is attached

image.jpg

Hey guys,
My name is Clay and new to this forum. Just bought a 71 FJ40. 60K original and can certainly use your advice on local (Riverview or Brandon) area mechanics for future needs. I look forward to meeting you guys and having some fun. Pic of my new project is attached

Welcome to this world.

Hope to meet up soon!

Howdy folks. I'm Harold and have two Cruisers. 1 Hundy and 1 1964 40 that is still in the garage. Most all of the body work is done on the 40. Just lots more to do like finish the wiring and so much more.
I've been out of touch for a good while now. Just found that we have a Tampa Bay chapter. Maybe one day I will actually get to drive my 40 with you great folks.
Just stopping in to say hi.

Name is Krystian

I purchased a FZJ80 about a week ago, it a 1997 LX450 with 149k miles, lockers, some sort of OME lift kit (I believe J springs) and 35 inch tires on stock wheels. I am in the process of trying to fix all the little issues with it.

Located in Tampa (Westchase), FL

Howdy folks. I'm Harold and have two Cruisers. 1 Hundy and 1 1964 40 that is still in the garage. Most all of the body work is done on the 40. Just lots more to do like finish the wiring and so much more.
I've been out of touch for a good while now. Just found that we have a Tampa Bay chapter. Maybe one day I will actually get to drive my 40 with you great folks.
Just stopping in to say hi.

Name is Krystian

I purchased a FZJ80 about a week ago, it a 1997 LX450 with 149k miles, lockers, some sort of OME lift kit (I believe J springs) and 35 inch tires on stock wheels. I am in the process of trying to fix all the little issues with it.

Hello! Welcome!
Hope to meet up soon.

Hello guys
I bought my 93 FZJ80 about 4 months ago with 188k miles.
its triple locked, white, has 4x4labs bumpers and rockers.
running 33's bfg on oem wheels

Just found this thread. I'm Dave in Plant City. I have a 1976 FJ-40 that I just brought back from TX. I'm an equal opportunity vintage 4x4 owner so also have a 1967 Landrover Series 2 109, and a 1974 Jeep CJ-6. I welcome anyone with similar interests to visit and share the struggle.

Greatings to all still out there! Had my LX for years and just found this :(

Musthave, I used to work in the building next door in Feather Sound and we caught up a couple of times and chatted on our passion for the 80 series (gold LX450). Took another job closer to home up in Trinity so haven't seen you in a while...hope all is well.

Reaching out to all in the area for a little help with my rig. Will start a new thread in the main post. If anyone out there is willing to lend some expertise or a hand I'd love to do the same back however I can. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!

We need to get a meet organized!

I'm in, but till I get my rig sorted I'm rolling without her :(. Again, welcome to host a burger and beer get together for anyone who's willing to lend a hand helping me out in getting her back together and on the road ;)

Name is Krystian

Hey PolishDude (Krystian), I'm up in the Trinity area...maybe we could help each other out getting thing sorted on our rigs if your still working on that. Let me know what you have going on, may be something on your list I have already done on mine and could lend a hand...cheers!

I'm in, but till I get my rig sorted I'm rolling without her :(. Again, welcome to host a burger and beer get together for anyone who's willing to lend a hand helping me out in getting her back together and on the road ;)

What do you need to do to your truck?

Haha, you want the short list or the long one ;)

My primary issue that has her sidelined is this clunking noise she's making when she rolls. Have been to scared to do more than roll her down the driveway and back up in fear of doing any more damage to whatever is wrong. My wife says she hears it more in the front driver's side, but when she first pulled it in after calling me in a panic 2 miles from home I thought it was more located in the center of the undercarriage. I do not believe it's the birfs as it isn't doing it just on turning, but rather any forward/reverse movement.

There may be more wrong that she desperately needs, but this is what caused me to sideline her months ago...and that was just after getting her back on the road from another several months of being sidelined due to brake issues that led me to ultimately replace the master cylinder and booster...

Any thoughts (without hearing it for yourself)?

@Papi JB unfortunately that is well beyond my knowledge, however I'm always down to help!

Appreciated! If anyone out there has some ideas please chime in...would love to get this figured out :bang:. Or, if anyone is pretty savvy working on the 80 series possibly you'd be interested for an afternoon of playing Sherlock Holmes with @DDabs and I food and drinks on me :beer:

Sounds like a driveline/differential issue to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom