Prinsu Roof Rack Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is your wind noise going down the highway with them mounted like that??
Not bad. There is some slight wind noise. Before the lights were added I had zero wind noise from the rack. The noise created from the lights is so minimal it's barely noticeable.

I have my LED lights mounted right to the wind deflector, so they're back from the edge of the windshield a few inches.

You should be able to see in this photo how far it is behind the windshield. IMO this is the key factor in eliminating bad glare.

The hood will still get lit up but I don't feel like the glare is bad, but I also have a black center section. the bigger problem is windshield glare. If you have the lights mounted above the edge of the windshield or farther forward, the glare off the glass will make visibility horrible.

Completely offtopic, but are those OEM flares painted black or are the aftermarket?

Thanks for the answers.
One more if you don't mind.
I got the wind deflector for mounting a light bar and the light bar he offers. A 20" I believe.
Is yours light bar, @Box Rocket, mounted to the original wind deflector?
I was feeling spendy and got both deflectors in case I don't like one or the other. Just curious obout yours.

Thanks for the answers.
One more if you don't mind.
I got the wind deflector for mounting a light bar and the light bar he offers. A 20" I believe.
Is yours light bar, @Box Rocket, mounted to the original wind deflector?
I was feeling spendy and got both deflectors in case I don't like one or the other. Just curious obout yours.
Mine are mounted to the original wind deflector. Main light is a 40" spot/flood combo and then the two pods.

I was a buzzer beater order and just got the paypal notice late last night...

I must have had my notifications turned off. Didn't get an e-mail but checked Paypal and it shipped Friday arriving tomorrow.

Thanks!

It started to rain on me while I was finishing up hooking of the lights. Here are few pictures with a bit more light.

20160831_170718.jpg

20160831_170701.jpg

20160831_170650.jpg

20160831_170641.jpg

Do the lights come with harness and switch?

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised at how light the box was. Simply picked up the whole box and carried it into the garage. I like the idea of not having a lot of weight that high off the ground. I HATE side-hills and making it any more "tippy" isn't fun.

I apologize if this was asked previously but was curious how much taller, if any, is the rack over the factory rack? I've got inches to spare getting my rig into the garage!

I apologize if this was asked previously but was curious how much taller, if any, is the rack over the factory rack? I've got inches to spare getting my rig into the garage!
I think when we check the old and new next to each other I thought it was half an inch...don't quote me. Hahah

The factory rack needs to be removed. I don't have an exact measurement but I'd suspect the Prinsu rack is no more than 1.5" taller than the factory rack. Probably not even that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom