Iron Man Pro Foam Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go to Ironman4x4america.com

Order them there at a small discount and flat rate shipping is 19.95 under $800, free over $800. Really liking the Pro's.

I'm impressed with all the reviews. My Icons are starting to feel quite splashy :(

Glad i stumbled on this thread,great info from everyone.

Go to Ironman4x4america.com

Order them there at a small discount and flat rate shipping is 19.95 under $800, free over $800. Really liking the Pro's.

Looking at the site but not seeing the Pro shocks available. Appropriate link appreciated if I'm missing something.

• 45795FE Front Foam Cell PRO shocks (2)
  • 45796FE Rear Foam Cell PRO shocks (2)
Type these into the search bar and see if it populates just the shocks. Looks like the complete kits are back ordered. You might have to call John Monday to dbl check stock of just the shocks.
Landcruiser 100 Performance with FOAM CELL PRO shock suspension kit

I am running the pros with an Ironman lift with their TB and coil springs, The 305 BFG AT/KO2 tires fit great and perform well, @wngrog has a thread on these tires, my truck is lifted a little more than his, front is 22 inches from center of hub vertical up to edge of fender, rear is 22 1/4

I am running the pros with an Ironman lift with their TB and coil springs, The 305 BFG AT/KO2 tires fit great and perform well, @wngrog has a thread on these tires, my truck is lifted a little more than his, front is 22 inches from center of hub vertical up to edge of fender, rear is 22 1/4

Geologic- I have not installed the rear springs yet- did you add spacers to the ironman coils, or did you get that much lift with just the springs?

Did you extend the swaybar links in the rear as well?

Just the package lift with Slee diff drop, ordered the adjustable panhard but on back order, with an ARB front/Engo 12k and Slee dual rear swing out I'm sitting right
Thanks for the info.

Are you guys running these with the stock upper control arms?

Are you guys running these with the stock upper control arms?

Yes to stock UCA's. I currently have about 2,000 miles on the IronMan suspension. My stock UCA's have 168k miles & so far so good.... I will note that I have not cranked TB's cranked anywhere near max height. I am approximately 20" from Hub Center to the edge/lip of the fender in the front. So maybe that is 1" to 1.5" over stock. There is plenty of adjustment left at the moment. I also put it on the alignment rack after the TB install and the alignment values were still in spec, (fractionally out) but not out enough to warrant an adjustment.

I also have not installed a diff drop...yet. Propshaft Ujoints (spiders) are so far not "complaining". CV Axles are fine as well, despite some very minor seepage from the inner boots on both sides. I plan to reband those soon.

From what I have learned here on MUD, anything over 1.5" (2.0+) will benefit from aftermarket UCA's. I kept my lift below 1.5" to avoid that requirement. Just enough to bring the front up to compensate for the bumper, winch. We'll see how the driveline components hold up. With my current mileage 168k, I was budgeting for LCA's, rebuilt CV Axles, Prop shaft spiders, and prob UCA's over the next 20,000 miles.

Hope this helps.

No availability for a set of shocks from Metal Tech for another 4-6 weeks. : (

No availability for a set of shocks from Metal Tech for another 4-6 weeks. : (
Yikes- thats not good. Wonder if any of the other dealers have stock?

Running the iron man 2 inch package lift with stock UCAs and Slee diff drop, PRO foam cell shocks, I've heard that the aftermarket UCAs squeak, I barely rub the inside edge of tire on the stock UCA on full lock, not a problem, no other interference with my lift and 305 tires, see my measurements above, do have weight on both ends, no spacers on lift or wheels, good package, call 49 tire in Richland MS for the Pro Shocks, they stock em! MS Cottonland Matters
Yes, I can confirm that they squeak. It's embarrassing .....I just ordered an original set of the UCa's and I will be installing those on my truck along with the shocks.

Yes, I can confirm that they squeak. It's embarrassing .....I just ordered an original set of the UCa's and I will be installing those on my truck along with the shocks.
What uca's are you using?

I got the last set of front Pros from MetalTech before our trip to Yellowstone. Installed OME 865 springs on the rear with the crappy KYB stock-length shocks, cranked the stock torsion bars on the front to get the rake right and put the new Pros in the front. Ride was great, overall, but you could really feel the difference between shocks. Washboard dirt roads were soaked up in the front, but the back would start to swing out after just a few feet of washboard. You could feel the KYB shocks just losing it after a few seconds of hard vibration. Can't wait to pick up the rears and get the truck all dialed in and aligned.

I will confirm that these are night and day better than the OME NitroChargers. I just put them on and am super happy with the ride so far. Headed off-road this weekend for a better shake down. So far so good.

Keep an eye on the back shocks.

If you left the plastic shock sleeve on, these can get off center and rub the shock, down to bare steel on mine. You can rotate the sleeve and recenter it. I added some thick plastic stone chip guard around the shock body to add a layer of protection should this happen again.

Keep an eye on the back shocks.

If you left the plastic shock sleeve on, these can get off center and rub the shock, down to bare steel on mine. You can rotate the sleeve and recenter it. I added some thick plastic stone chip guard around the shock body to add a layer of protection should this happen again.

Picture??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom