What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit this milestone.

u5dRa6X.jpg

All those miles And your D still works? Wow

My PRND backlight went out after nearly 390k miles. It flicked off some 10k miles ago and I was worried but then it came back on within a couple minutes. This time I think it's gone for good
image.jpeg

Gee I feel new then ... I only have 175k .... ha

Don't you dare!!! Regear 5.29 for 35" or 37" but works best with 35" tires and you can actually tow!
529s & 35s...Hmm that would be like 3,500 rpm @ 60 mph
Breather lines is not a must but it is good to have just in case you get the slinky springs that have no weight capacity! Also gets rid of the 20+ year old breather that might be working or not be working!
I agree with breather comment, disagree with Slinky weight capacity comment.
Sway bar drop bracket is also good to have to bring everything back to stock specs.
I Agree

ARB breather kit then?
That's to fancy... I just used a long stretch of .25" vacuum hose with a cheap in line fuel filter then rolled in a full 540° turn at the top to prevent water entry.
20160830_182048.jpg

@jtwopark
Where did you hear that Slinkys have no load capacity? It's definitely not accurate. I have a heavy truck with lots of gear, a RTT, armor and I pull a trailer with another RTT and full of gear. The Slinkys handle the load way better than my OME J's ever did.

@jtwopark
Where did you hear that Slinkys have no load capacity? It's definitely not accurate. I have a heavy truck with lots of gear, a RTT, armor and I pull a trailer with another RTT and full of gear. The Slinkys handle the load way better than my OME J's ever did.

J springs are great for rock crawling though! they are nice and soft, just need a good set of shocks to control the body movement!

Its GW Nugget's fault! he gave me the info and stated what I said based on his numbers! hahaha.....just looking at the specs people(GW Nugget mostly) posted on these(GW Nugget's) threads......J springs are just a "lift" spring! I am talking about competition springs and its capacity to handle load. If i remember correctly, the load rating per inch for slinky springs were around 290/in?...which is not enough.

My truck was 8lbs shy of being 7200lbs and this was on an empty tank of gas and no water in my 3 jerry cans....empty fridges and not having my battery bank of 2 group 31.

@Box Rocket can you check if your links and arms bind anywhere on the frame side when you fully droop? I might want to try the springs but it was the load capacity that stopped me from ordering them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom