Frame repair and repower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today was a rough day in the Canadian Monster Garage, had to wrestle the drivetrain out so I could final weld the motor mounts and I managed to tear a hole in the oil filter, spilling oil all over. Welded in the mounts which went good, then went to swing that sumbitch back in er and broke the pivot pin off inside the bell housing.................maaaaan. Good thing I hoard Chevy parts and had another bell housing. Tear it all apart and replace the bell, then got back to sumbitchin.

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

And I found something interesting and dare I say exciting.........a set of old keys fell out of the heater vent while I was sumbitchin that sumbitch back in place.........I bet they are for a secret locker at the bus station, #127, and inside is an Adidas bag full of money from a deal that went wrong..................but probably not.

Really, a day that had some setbacks turned out pretty good and the motor is now bolted down for the last time, tomorrow I will get some tabs bent for the transfer case x member and bolt it down too. I also checked my drive shaft angles and they look bang on, so good in fact that my front driveshaft will fit without modifying it, the back however is far too short. End of a somewhat frustrating day, I decided an adult beverage was in order. Closer every day guys.

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

That was a sign from the cruiser gods to ditch that fram s***!!! Haha.

Great progress man. Wish there were cruiser guys around me to have wrenching dates with

So after a day like that you would have us believe you just had one adult beverage....I know I might have even had 2. And your right about the secret locker, I was wondering where those keys got to. I don't remember which bus station but if you find it we can split the take ??:D

Well I had the first one then the last one and of course there was some in the middle, and I will split it with you 60-40, because .........well just because, and the 60 goes to me of course, gotta finish my truck for Elk season son!

PS...............I hope its not full of Canadian tire money..........but if it is I totally am getting that new thing in the flyer. (only my fellow Canucks will get that one)

I'm just glad there was some sumbitching. In fact I'll unsubscribe if this sumbitch ever stops sumbitching. Mounts are neat. Good to bolt the symphony home!

Oy canadian tire money... The biggest scam out there haha.

I may be coming to GP to work early sept for a week or so. Ill definetly be come by lurking!

Nothing fancy tonight, spent all day out in the bush checking our trail camera's, pics of bull elk, cow moose, cow elk, and something I'm not sure what it was, and to make it even more sumbitch we took my buddies 84 BJ 60 with Turbo 3b, never got a pic ....my bad. Then tonight I mocked up my fan shroud, sumbitch level..1

IMG_0142.JPG

Last edited:
Spent some time tonight doing little thing's, like getting that dirty bastid of a snap ring that holds the emergency brake cable in place, welded the rear brake line tab onto the frame, fabricated and tacked on the rear shock mounts and bolted up the shocks, not sure if this is going to work yet, installed the front drive shaft and was PLEASANTLY surprised, like sooooper happy, when I went to measure the rear drive shaft for mods, that no mods were needed, just threw that sumbitch in ayer. Cannot believe that both drive shafts fit without modification, as we say here in Canada, thats pure s*** house luck. I also used Eyeball engineering to scope out the power steering box, look's like it will be good also.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

Today I got the transfer case mounts fabbed and welded into place, bought some weld in bungs for the gas tank, welded, final pressure test, then cleaned and painted, installed the hitch and gunned down the hardware after cleaning and painting the rear part of the frame then installed the tank..........the list is getting more and more check marks. Can I get a hallelooya?

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

I thought about putting the outlet for the tank on the bottom facing down then remembered who would be driving and decided to be safe and have it face forward, still vulnerable but safer. Couple shots of the frame too

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

Bitchin.

Dang that sumbitch. That there bees some real purdy work!

PS., Get rid of the keys.......it's just not worth the risk. If that locker at bus station happens to contain national secrets rather than money you might have the CIA chasing you around trying to kill you like Jason Bourne. If it contains national secrets and money then you are also going to have the mob and CIA trying to kill you. That stuff happens all the time.

With my luck it would be full of Hillarys deleted e-mails.........then I might commit suicide, seems to happen to a lot of people lately.

Got the fan shroud mocked up, happy that I took the time to center the fan on the rad, its almost perfect and it should pull air real good. Monday I will have a proper shroud base fabbed up then cut and final install, one more check on my list.

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Had a kick ass day today, buddy came over and gave a major boost to getting this truck running. Fuel lines. Done. Carburetor. Done. Frame painted. Done. lots of little things. Done. Battery box fabbed. Done. List getting lots of check marks. Done. Box mounts. Done. Power steering.....not done but working the problem. Interior...it's there. Apprentice buffing welds before paint. Done.

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

At least we got the tach installed...........

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom