What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Finally finished my cage last weekend. I'm very pleased with my design and fitment. The front A pillar tie in bolts to the body at the pillar, and down to a foot plate on the floor. No clutch pedal interference, no ignition switch relocation, and clears both the upper and lower dash pads. It keeps the footwell clear for easy entry and exit.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
In addition to finishing my cage, I also got my new engine lit up for the first time. It's a fire breathing monster to say the least. Specs are: 95 Ford 351w roller block, with factory forged pistons. The low compression ( 7.75:1) heads were dumped, and I installed a set of GT-40 heads for a compression ratio of about 9.5:1. I port matched the heads( both intake and exhaust)machined the 7/16 head bolt holes to 1/2(to fit the 351 block) port matched the intake manifold, stainless headers, and installed .550 lift valve springs. Cam was swapped to the Ford racing E303. I installed a Tuff Stuff reverse rotation water pump to work with my custom fabbed serpentine belt drive. Topped it all off with a Holley 650, and it sounds EVIL. The black Demon carb in some of the pics was junk and used for mock up purposes.

Yesterday, I installed the accessory breaker and fusebox and ran some wires.

Today, I hooked up my front, back and side offroad lights, each to their own circuit in the fusebox.

A while back, I modified my carb cooling fan, so it would fit next to my snorkel, and reinstalled it to always be on, when the ignition is on. Today, I added a switch, so I can shut it off, if I feel the need.

The only other thing I'd like to get done before my surgery is the Oil Pressure Safety Switch... I planned to wire it today, but I can't take anything (pre-surgery) and simply started hurting too much. I'm laying on my heating pad right now.

I'll wire it in the morning and try to remember to take some pictures.

Then, I need to give the garage floor a good scrubbing and put all my tools up for a while.

Finally found a sm465. I get to smash my old m21 tranny into oblivion :bounce:! I HATE that transmission.
Turfed old battery as a good looker with no guts. Painted up and threaded an old billiard ball only to find it won't fit on my 'new' shifter.

I put a cold beer on the rear sill.

Patched some rust.

Ground some welds.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Also started laying out my extended range/capacity fuel tank today( why my seats aren't mounted yet) I know sor sells them, but why spend 1000.00 when I can fab one myself? I'll be fabbing it from 304 stainless, will be internally baffled, have feed and return lines, and provision for an in tank fuel pump. Efi is in the future, so I'll make the mods required now for an easy install in the future.

What are they selling those for on yahoo?

Yea, lol my first try at posting pics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom