RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have a link/reference for what is painted Body Color/ Satin Black in the Engine Bay?
Also, Jump Seat Frames and Backing Plates? Body Color or Pewter?

my 62, seat frames are body colored. black is underhood, firewall and fenders from the folded over top piece down (so just the side splash shield section?? for lack of a better description)

not sure when it went to body color in the engine bay

good work andy. i would presume your handbrake handle should be a polished alloy finish. later they went to a plastic coating that perishes and crumbles away tho not sure when this change occurred.

MUDDERS - had a brief chat with andy re a worn rocker shaft he has that needs replacement. does anybody know how long the same shaft ran for?? ie is it the same shaft through the 135, 145 and 155 generations of the single f motor?

From the parts books I found the partnumbers for 1965 and 1969 are different. And this list below is from SOR. Don't know if anything is interchangeable.
upload_2017-1-19_21-12-33.png

No help from me on the taillights.

What did you find out the F135 rocker arms?

I am seeing the same part numbers from 4/64-2/67 rocker arm shaft's
Front shaft 13911-60010
Rear shaft 13912-60010

earlier 2/61-10/62
Front F 14711
Rear F 14712

Pewter color
If you haven't already, you should read this...lots of your questions will be answered -> destins 1964 fj40 FST restore thread
:)
Thanks.

I have read quite a bit of Destins thread. Quite the epic tale!

Confusion comes from previous Owners handywork. Parts and Panels painted different Colours to Original. Firewall is a mystery? No definitive Info on this thus far. Some say Body Colour, some say Black. It was Body Colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom