ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look brigther then the Hella's that a good start at almost the same price!

A few nights ago I hooked up one of the lights and headed over to the local grade school to compare 1 LED to the Hella in an overly bright parking lot. The far tree line is just over 100 yards away. To be honest I am on the fence if they are really putting out usable light out past my high beams. At a closer range they are stupid bright, way nicer then my Hella cornering beam at illuminating off to the sides, but long distances, not so much.

I now have both LEDs hooked up and haven't had a chance to get out on really dark back road to test them out.

Still waiting for the next test!

Is the Hella putting more light long range cause I see more light pass your high beams, however my HID's go well beyond that!

If it were me, I'd wire 2 HID spots & 2 of these LEDs to have a full spectrum of off-road lighting: long distance & short range flood.

That's what I'm working on.

If it were me, I'd wire 2 HID spots & 2 of these LEDs to have a full spectrum of off-road lighting: long distance & short range flood.

That's what I'm working on.

That's the conclusion I came to. 2 Lightforce 240 XGT 50W HIDs on my ARB bumper, cheap 50" LED lightbar on the rack. Consensus seems to be that even cheap light bars produce significant light at a short distance and are more than adequate for flood lights.

The little i have driven due to a broken down truck at the moment with 50w HID converted 240 XGTs and my 20" 120w Light bar on top of the light bar its plenty of light. I have driven with others and seen the 30" and it illuminates too much. LED doesn't go the distance that an HID or spottie will do. It just has clearer light. HID is king for distance.
Best to have a combo of both.....

That's the conclusion I came to. 2 Lightforce 240 XGT 50W HIDs on my ARB bumper, cheap 50" LED lightbar on the rack. Consensus seems to be that even cheap light bars produce significant light at a short distance and are more than adequate for flood lights.
Do you guys have the 240 XGT on ARB bumpers? I thought they did not fit seating on the ARB light tabs!

The little i have driven due to a broken down truck at the moment with 50w HID converted 240 XGTs and my 20" 120w Light bar on top of the light bar its plenty of light. I have driven with others and seen the 30" and it illuminates too much. LED doesn't go the distance that an HID or spottie will do. It just has clearer light. HID is king for distance.
Best to have a combo of both.....
Do you have pictures of your 240 XGT on your Arb bUMPER?

Do you guys have the 240 XGT on ARB bumpers? I thought they did not fit seating on the ARB light tabs!

They dont. You either have to cut, flip and reweld the current mounting tabs or make your own new ones and weld them the front of the bar.

thought i posted here weeks ago, apparently not.
Stock light mounts. I could have rewelded and such but when I discovered this I was already had the buillbar blasted/powdercoated. I initially put an 8274 instead of my XD9000i on but it interfered with putting spotties on. Had to keep the low mount on and the spotties just fit. 80 series bumper is probably set up a bit different than the 70s.
photo-2-1-jpg.1005122

Tossing up the idea of upgrading to a 30" on the bullbar. Don't really know if its truly needed though.....

Those look pretty serious! Get them installed and post a review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom