Mounting Awning/Racks to Yakima bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ideas?

I'm sold on Yak's: bombdiggity. Know how to mount their access. Fabbed a way to use Quick-Fists on 'em also, for the hi-lift, oars, etc.

Even had a buddy fab me up some sliders for my Yak's, which thread I will update and include linky here.

Apparently the dealio awning ARB AWNING TOURING 2500MM ARB3108US comes sans mounting brackets. but i want to put it on Yakima bars, with 4 to choose from (Spacecase and Conferr rack)

PDQ help? need to put it in use this weekend.

Lots of info in my build thread and personal website.

You can use these L brackets with an ARB/Campinglab type of awning.

1.jpg

2.jpg

That is my old setup, I now run a BajaRack with their brackets to mount my awning to the rack.

i'm getting red x's for pix, on my personal laptop at home.

will ck yr build up thread

I know this is an old thread but I made my own set of L brackets for the ARB awning v Yakima bars.
Mine mount on top of the bar and use 3/16" steel so they are more stable and only cost a few bucks to build (plus SS U-bolts). Yakima bars are 1 - 1/8" diameter.
Hope it helps someone:

IMG_20130813_182412_452.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I made my own set of L brackets for the ARB awning v Yakima bars.
Mine mount on top of the bar and use 3/16" steel so they are more stable and only cost a few bucks to build (plus SS U-bolts). Yakima bars are 1 - 1/8" diameter.
Hope it helps someone:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/xsez.jpg/

I saw Andy's mount configuration last week at 100s In The Hills and it looks simple and effective. I'm going to pretty much do the exact same thing. I think I may actually cut a few inches off a 4X6X1/4 tube i have in my garage and make 2 L-brackets from that.

I saw Andy's mount configuration last week at 100s In The Hills and it looks simple and effective. I'm going to pretty much do the exact same thing. I think I may actually cut a few inches off a 4X6X1/4 tube i have in my garage and make 2 L-brackets from that.

I've had some interested people contact me about these. If you need a pair send me a PM, I may have some available.

Thanks,

resurrecting this one: Where do you get these L brackets please. I need to do this and this thread here is a great idea.

I got my L-brackets from Andy. He made them for me for a nominal fee. I spray painted them black and they work very well.

marcfj60, thanks.

Andy, if you can still whip these up and are willing or have some laying around, please let me know and i'd be happy to pay pal you. Thx!!

I had got mine from Camping Labs, but they are now out of business.
My awning now is mounted to a Bajaracks rack for my roof top tent, and they have their own brackets for awnings.

The ones above that Andy has are like the ones I used on my old setup with the Yakima bars.

Bumping this up, I'm running a few sets of these again soon if anybody needs a pair, send me a PM.
IMG_20130703_131507_856.jpg
IMG_20130813_182412_452.jpg

Thanks!

I'm using these and they are beefy and solid. Thanks Andy. Awaiting that 2nd pair as soon as you can get em out!! Appreciate your time on fab'ing.

Folks, this a great, secure want to mount up to yak bars or any other types of non factory cross bars.

Bumping this up, I'm running a few sets of these again soon if anybody needs a pair, send me a PM.
View attachment 1264992 View attachment 1264993
Thanks!

Have you ever considered making some for an oem application? Just looks like they'd need to be a bit longer and wider in the mounting area where they'd go on the oem cross bars. Awnings are not heavy, this may be a good alternative for those not looking for racks.

PART_1466187946476_20160617_112304.jpeg

Have you ever considered making some for an oem application? Just looks like they'd need to be a bit longer and wider in the mounting area where they'd go on the oem cross bars. Awnings are not heavy, this may be a good alternative for those not looking for racks.

View attachment 1277123
blatant,
Hey bud I haven't forgotten about you but this application has some challenges from a cost v stability standpoint. Can I borrow your 200 for a month or two to work out the details? ;)

I'll keep you posted if I do stumble into the answer.

Thanks a lot,

Right on! I sorta put it on the back burner myself. I've got 2 full sets of yak stuff but haven't messed with it since.

Still no idea what i'm doing but send me another set of brackets. Pretty sure when the bottom line is i'm ending up with thule or yak. So i'll need these sooner or later! Figure i better get in on another set of the burliest brackets I've ever used! Thanks again!

Someone said clamps came with their ARB awning. Not anymore if that was a true statement. But they all should. I mean why sell you an awning and cannot supply something to put it up with.

I'll stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom