Thermoreactor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fast Eddy I've seen a few posts where you mention the Thermoreactor exhaust manifold is no longer required for smog in California. I'm currently using a federal exhaust manifold on my April 1976 FJ40 and plan on purchasing a used Thermoreactor exhaust manifold to please my Smog Tech. Where can I point the Smog Tech for the exemption? Thank you so much

Sorry, I meant to address everyone here after messaging Fast Eddy.

How do I convince the Smog Techs that the Thermoreactor is no longer required? Thanks.

I am surprised they even know about the manifold. I'm thinking the inspector was born way after your rig was made.

I remember Mark A? maybe saying something about a federal manifold being accepted now.

@65swb45

3-puppies you're correct, the Smog Tech I've been using for the last 10years mistakes the Federal exhaust manifold for the California Thermoreactor every time. Just wondering if it is wise to spend $ on a backup plan in case I loss current smog tech. Thanks for help

The rule is that if there are none available from dealers or auto wreckers / dismantlers on line, then you can use the next best thing. Call up a smog referee and see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom