My green 200 is home ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
formerly owned by another forum member, this beauty got new tires, polish, and wax today. I've been waiting and searching years for this one.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks great! What specifically took you so long to find one? Mine is mostly price related, and also don't want black exterior.

Much of i
Looks great! What specifically took you so long to find one? Mine is mostly price related, and also don't want black exterior.
Much of it has to do with my OCD. ;)

I only wanted Amazon Green with parchment. That meant I couldn't buy new.

And I wanted one that was

1). Immaculate (and I mean a "10") both inside and out.
2). No body work ever
3). No dings, dents, scratches or stains (and I mean none)
4). All service records since new
5). Hard loaded

Price was purely secondary.

So all of that created a needle/haystack scenario. But I finally found it.

Nice - first order of business is to polish and seal/wax the lights, and upgrade the lows to a quality LED kit. :) Big improvement over the halogens in looks and performance.

Congrats on your new addition!

Looks great! My first LC was a forest green 100 series. Loved that color.

What do you mean by "sealing the headlights"?

Very nice!

I'm taking it to the body shop on Monday. There is a scratch on drivers side passenger door that I just can't mentally deal with.

Can you describe these items in more detail ?

@TexasHusker
@Dan Higgins

If you look closely, you'll see UV degradation on the outer plastic which is very common although yours is in decent condition. Though, I have seen many times where you can take a slightly cloudy light and make it crystal clear. Usually, this can be polished off either by hand or with a rotary buffer - can use a buffing pad and a product such as PlastX or Meguiars 105/205 to improve the clarity, and then you seal the lights with either clear vinyl, polish, or wax.

The standard halogens run very hot, have only average output, and can be easily replaced with a plug and play kit to give a huge improvement in the appearance and light output. There are a number of kits, I run the Opt7 (which is the top seller of these on Amazon) which is a great product. No affiliation with them, it's just a great product with CREE emitters and excellent intensity.
Check out some of the photos here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDWPK/
opt7.png

Last edited:
@TexasHusker
@Dan Higgins

If you look closely, you'll see UV degradation on the outer plastic which is very common although yours is in decent condition. Though, I have seen many times where you can take a slightly cloudy light and make it crystal clear. Usually, this can be polished off either by hand or with a rotary buffer - can use a buffing pad and a product such as PlastX or Meguiars 105/205 to improve the clarity, and then you seal the lights with either clear vinyl, polish, or wax.

The standard halogens run very hot, have only average output, and can be easily replaced with a plug and play kit to give a huge improvement in the appearance and light output. There are a number of kits, I run the Opt7 (which is the top seller of these on Amazon) which is a great product. No affiliation with them, it's just a great product with CREE emitters and excellent intensity.
Check out some of the photos here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDWPK/
View attachment 1312259

Ok so on the headlights, you are changing out the halogens for LEDs? How do you do that? Sorry for the ignorant reply - just not familiar with it. How do you ensure that the LEDs will fit correctly ?

Ok so on the headlights, you are changing out the halogens for LEDs? How do you do that? Sorry for the ignorant reply - just not familiar with it. How do you ensure that the LEDs will fit correctly ?

Yeah. You can check the Sylvania Bulb Finder here as a handy resource to see all the bulb types on your vehicle:
Lamp Replacement Guide Home

Your low beam uses the H11 standard, and your fogs are 9006 standard. The 9005 high beam also functions as a DRL in low voltage mode so it may cause strobing in DRL mode for some kits, but the low beam and fog lights both work great. It's plug and play and very easy, the low beams you can replace in a few minutes, the fogs in 15-20. Helpful videos on www.carcarekiosk.com

If you upgrade one or both you'll see a big improvement in the lighting capability. Actually, my reflector fog LEDs outperform my high beam projector with the same 30W LED.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom